View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Hiya, def no fleas! I brush her every day and do check for flea dirt etc. and she has her dropper on every month. Also she doesnt itch at all.
She is currently fed on JWB puppy- Ocean fish, I want to change her to Royal Canin for Westies as alot of people have advised it helps keep them white, but they dont do a puppy version, so I will have to wait a while to change her to that.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Personally, I'd steer clear of Royal Canin. It seems to be a very rich food and as you'll know, Westies are not known for their tolerance to rich feeding. Just my thoughts on this as a friend of mine breeds and shows Goldies and has told me this, though her dogs are fine on Royal Canin. I'm sure it's a good food, but not suitable for all dogs. Obviously depends on the individual dog though whether or not they're suited to it.

JWB should be ok, or Burns, Arden Grange or Luath's.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Ah, now that blows my theory... Selkie went orange when I fed her pedigree chum... apparently the colours they use to make it brown are very strong.

Sounds like the oil glands theory is the most likely one...

I'm sure she'll grow out of it... But if she doesn't you be sure and love your little salmon baby
nicrotties
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi, i am new here, but being a dog groomer myself, its nothing to worry about, all the westies i groom have this, its very common.
Nic
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2