Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2017, 08:11 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 31st January

Good morning everyone.

LG I put that wrong yesterday it should read CKD3 and now CKD5. CKD standing for Chronic Kidney Disease.

June hope you get your CCTV up today and the girls were good last night.

Lynn, your larder cupboard looks good.

Jenny, Brian and Pepsi hope you are all ok now.

Norma, Brenda, Mandy, Sue and Barry, Harvey and Kazz and all your four legged friends hope you are all well.

Eileen are you making progress on the twins play area?

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Very chilly wind blowing here today.

Thank you Moyra we are pleased with the larder.
June I am really hoping that if the council do get involved they will see that he has a problem. Many years ago a friend whose dad owned land and kept horses and had bonfires had a neighbour make a noise complaint against their collie dog who use to run about the paddocks barking in excitement.
I am sure I have this right they were given noise monitoring equipment and at the end of the day the council when the council listened to the noise said they had no grounds whatsoever to take it any further and the bonfires were within the times allowed it was far away enough from neighbouring properties so they wouldn't take action over that either.
The woman concerned who made the complaint had made it known she wanted the ground he owned and it seems she was making allegations in the hopes that in some way she could coerce getting the land by hook or by crook.
No idea what this muppets agenda is but when all done and dusted he needs some kind of warning about making his neighbor's life a misery and causing undue worry and stress.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends I have shopping today.
May be taking a vet visit in the next day or two Dillon seems to be worrying round his rear end wondering if anal glands ? He is eating fine and doesn't seem particularly miserable. Have upped his fibre intake and bone in the hopes of getting him to express them naturally.
Will see if I can get the sanicula aqua brenda recommends today. At the moment he is having hepar sulph with all his other gubbins.
Fingers crossed it works.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Was going to suggest seeds from Butternut Squash, Lynn, but you are ahead of me, raw fed dogs rarely suffer with anal glands, in fact I never even knew there could be problems till I came on here!!
CCTV is being installed. He's been out and met the girls and not a squeak from them either. Ones going up at the front and he's doing one at the back as well. Absolutely no noise at all from my constantly barking dogs. This morning was strange, at 7.05am there was a grumble and a yelp, then nothing, then at 8am a bit of barking, which I stopped. A bark when I went out with brekkies a bit later, now the bedroom light was still on at gone 6am this morning, usually lights are off about 5.30 am, and makes me wonder......all this lack of noise must be very annoying for him. First time there's been any sort of noise at that time for about a week. When I say noise I mean a sharp bark or woof, nothing like he is claiming by the way.
I am sure they are behind it, but in future I have something to check to see if they are hanging about at the back.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Morning June glad the cctv is going in. Sounds very much like he is winding them up or trying to because whatever he is doing isn't working.
Second time a problem with his anal glands. I have made the connection both times he has had some wet food added to his raw as he was being fussy.
Seems that upsets them.. Will be avoiding that from now on.
I have been reading up and learnt that dogs with mobility issues can have problems.
He did a big bulky pooh when out and must say although he wasn't seeming unwell he did seem to perk up more than he has been for the last couple of days. His tail seems higher to when walking about it wasn't low but it wasn't as high up as usual.
Got everything crossed we are on the road to having them sorted. He has to go to the vet soon though he needs a cartrophen top up and his health check so his insurance stays valid.
Would like to avoid the indignity and discomfort for him having that job done if at all possible.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Was going back over, in my mind, my conversation with the PCSO (as you do) and when I told him I was putting CCTV in he said that was the best thing to do and then said to me (when I recounted the tale of him in his boxers at the window) that if he had been starkers he would have had him no problem for it. Also he said that if I could get the evidence from CCTV that he is doing stuff, then again they would have him. So I get the feeling they do believe me but its not going far enough and there is no absolute definite evidence to do much. Hoping I am not reading too much into what was said.
First camera is now up in the porch, its right at the back and black and I had to look twice to see it. He's gone to the shop now and when he's back he'll get it up on the TV for me, then girls will come in the kitchen (with a bone each) and he'll go and do the back one for me.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Sorry to hear the doc isn't happy with your kidneys Moyra hopefully something can be done to improve the result.

Cupboard looks good Lynn. Pleased Dillon has perked up a bit with more bulky food so hope the problem is sorted.

Pleased the CCTV is going in June and hopefully you will now catch them doing whatever they do to make the dogs bark. Its sad you have to go to these lengths when the other dog is at it for hours and he does nothing about it.

Horrible here today, damp and drizzling. Managed to walk Teazle without getting too damp. Bit of excitement in town someone has blown the cash machine out of the wall at the station which is still cordoned off and swarming with police. I thought we lived in a sleepy town

Hope Nippy, Brian, Norma and anyone I have missed are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The woman concerned who made the complaint had made it known she wanted the ground he owned and it seems she was making allegations in the hopes that in some way she could coerce getting the land by hook or by crook.
There should be some provision to stop people making malacious compaints.

Neanderthal man next door and his women friend put in a complaint to the new owner behind us bringing in some horses, he said the 'clip clop' of horses hooves would be 'disturbing' of course he didn't mention that he is totaly deaf and we have the USAF playing with their jet fighters, the RAF defence helicopters and machine gun trainning, not to mention huge farm tractors and such like

I have to say I am happy he has gone wherever he is

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
both times he has had some wet food added to his raw as he was being fussy.
Seems that upsets them.. Will be avoiding that from now on.
Yes, just to confirm that's what our vet said as well. Casey doesn't get any tinned food now or the pet mince the butccher was selling. Has helped him a lot.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2017, 02:12 PM
CCTV now installed and on my TV and phone, he can't get the app up on the Kindle Fire, so is going to get back to me if there is another one or he gets to the root of why it isn't on there, its on the App Store on the phone and the Fire has the same App Store.
Very sad I've had to do it, but its done now and fingers crossed it does pick up something. You can barely see the camera at the back in the place he's put it, and with Numbnuts sleeping in the day and awake all night, its not that likely he will even know its there.
CCTV man very impressed with girls, couldn't believe there was not one bark out of them the whole time he was there up and down the ladder and drilling through for wires.
I'm starving and going to have some lunch now
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2017, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
CCTV now installed and on my TV and phone, he can't get the app up on the Kindle Fire, so is going to get back to me if there is another one or he gets to the root of why it isn't on there, its on the App Store on the phone and the Fire has the same App Store.
Very sad I've had to do it, but its done now and fingers crossed it does pick up something. You can barely see the camera at the back in the place he's put it, and with Numbnuts sleeping in the day and awake all night, its not that likely he will even know its there.
CCTV man very impressed with girls, couldn't believe there was not one bark out of them the whole time he was there up and down the ladder and drilling through for wires.
I'm starving and going to have some lunch now
Pleased you are pleased it will put your mind at rest too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2017, 02:52 PM
Just got to hope it helps the overall problem and he does something stupid on camera
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >