Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Movie Marathon!

Just curious..

If you were having a Movie Marathon what 3 films would you watch and what would be the sweets and treats you'd eat and drink whilst watching them?

I'd have to choose my 3 fave actors, so any film with Gerard Butler, then a film with Simon Pegg and then one with Adam Sandler in

I'd have Maltesers, Chocolate M&M's, Onion rings (crisps not actual onions) with a large lemonade and jelly babies and not to forget licorice torpedos!

Ooh I want a Marathon right now lol
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Oooh, good question!

I love popcorn (salted) and I would usually have a pepsi with it (just like the movies ) but sometimes I will have a desparado, kopperberg or a bud. Dave likes nachos as his film snack.

So much choice with films, would depend on what genre we were in the mood for. Hacking and slashing is always a favourite here: gladiator, apocalypto, 300, troy that sort of thing. Action is another: Indianna Jones, mummy trilogy, Rocky or rambo box set. War films, platoon, saving private ryan etc. For some bizarre reason, that I cannot explain, one of my favourite films is Jurassic Park 3 so sometimes we will watch that box set.

Anyway, I've cheated slightly as that is way more than 3! Sorry about that
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I'd quite like to watch old films from the 80's. I sat & watched The man in the brown coat yesterday by Agatha Christie & really enjoyed it
Food is always Giant packet of chocolate buttons - film or no film & a cup of tea
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Oooh, good question!

I love popcorn (salted) and I would usually have a pepsi with it (just like the movies ) but sometimes I will have a desparado, kopperberg or a bud. Dave likes nachos as his film snack.

So much choice with films, would depend on what genre we were in the mood for. Hacking and slashing is always a favourite here: gladiator, apocalypto, 300, troy that sort of thing. Action is another: Indianna Jones, mummy trilogy, Rocky or rambo box set. War films, platoon, saving private ryan etc. For some bizarre reason, that I cannot explain, one of my favourite films is Jurassic Park 3 so sometimes we will watch that box set.

Anyway, I've cheated slightly as that is way more than 3! Sorry about that
No I don't mind if people pick genre, I love comedy and rom com's but when I'm with the OH we like our action, I can't sit on my own with gor and guts because I can't stomach it..

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I'd quite like to watch old films from the 80's. I sat & watched The man in the brown coat yesterday by Agatha Christie & really enjoyed it
Food is always Giant packet of chocolate buttons - film or no film & a cup of tea
I watched Rebecca based on the novel by Daphne Du Maurier (sp) and now I'm watching Zoolander
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Oooh it'd definatley be a cuppa tea (or 2!!) probably with a large bag of cheesy puffs I don't really like chocolate much

Ummmm my choice would be: The holiday, Nottinghill, Pay it Forward
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 12:09 AM
American History X, Stand By Me, The Breakfast Club

Salted Popcorn, and multiple cups of tea! Yum!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Nachos with cheese, onion rings (not crisps), potato skins

Pepsi Max

Films: Blade, Easy A, X-Men
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Movies? Absolutely no idea! I have built up a small collection of DVDs [thanks to that South American River place] of both movies I have seen in the past but would like to watch again, plus some I was never able to see...

...and some DVDs of television programmes [which we get on BBC Entertainment/used to be called BBC Prime and which are about five years old by the time they are shown here]...

...but actually sit through any of them let alone three on the trot?

I guess it is like my audio CD collection.

There in case I fancy watching/listening to something.

Hmmm.

I guess that makes me a bit weird!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Oooh it'd definatley be a cuppa tea (or 2!!) probably with a large bag of cheesy puffs I don't really like chocolate much

Ummmm my choice would be: The holiday, Nottinghill, Pay it Forward
I've only heard of Notting Hill - I love cheesy puffs..

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
American History X, Stand By Me, The Breakfast Club

Salted Popcorn, and multiple cups of tea! Yum!
Popcorn and tea - thats a strange combination! - coming from someone who if has the chance will dip chips in ice cream

Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Nachos with cheese, onion rings (not crisps), potato skins

Pepsi Max

Films: Blade, Easy A, X-Men
Easy A - amazing hilarious film! In fact I'd join you on a movie marathon

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Movies? Absolutely no idea! I have built up a small collection of DVDs [thanks to that South American River place] of both movies I have seen in the past but would like to watch again, plus some I was never able to see...

...and some DVDs of television programmes [which we get on BBC Entertainment/used to be called BBC Prime and which are about five years old by the time they are shown here]...

...but actually sit through any of them let alone three on the trot?

I guess it is like my audio CD collection.

There in case I fancy watching/listening to something.

Hmmm.

I guess that makes me a bit weird!
Oh you're not weird - not everyone likes DVD's and most of the films are all the same these days anyway - you know exactly whats bound to happen in the end..
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh you're not weird - not everyone likes DVD's and most of the films are all the same these days anyway - you know exactly whats bound to happen in the end..
Considering the fact that one of the DVDs is of a movie I saw only once, in a small cinema in Harrow, in 1958 - and I really do want to watch it again...

...one of these days.

And considering the fact that another is of a movie I have seen countless times - whenever it was repeated on the television my kids would say "better get out of here, Mother is going to cry again"...

...and whenever I have tried to watch it I well up within seconds of the music starting...

Come to think of it I had and still have the LP vinyl record of the soundtrack of that movie and even that starts me off...

S I G H

And they say that nostalgia ain't wot it used to be?

S I G H

[pass the tissues someone please]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >