Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2008, 09:05 PM

Best brush for grooming G. Retriever

Charlie's coat has about doubled in the past month! He is 11mths now and his coat has changed a lot lately.
So far I've been using a pin brush and comb but it is just not doing the job now.
Can anyone recommend the best way and best tool to groom him now?
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I use a slicker brush for mine, start at the back feet and gradually work up and forward, next I use a double ended greyhound comb, you can get them from hub international. Ollie's castrated so his coats gone a bit woolly around his back legs so I use a Coarse Coat King - Dematting Rake, also a leave in conditioner called Thestuff is great cause Ollie spends a lot of time in the water, but if you use it water it down 50/50 with water cause it can dry the coat out, also never spray it an tiled floors as it makes your floor really slippy, lol
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I have recently been using a very wide spaced brush from Kent which you can get in Boots. It is called Airhead! It's not for dogs but it seems to work well on Sam's now quite fluffy coat since he was neutered.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks for info, I have bought a slicker brush and it is doing the job.
It is amazing how much hair comes from one dog!
jackiec
New Member!
Female 

04-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I use a slicker brush, a moulting comb and double thinning scissors to cut the fur around his chest/neck. Got this advice from a book on goldies that i purchased from pets at home