Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 07:06 AM

Daily Thread Tues Dec 22

Good morning all, really dark again this morning shall be glad when it starts to make a difference, early days yet I guess.

Got my big Tesco order coming later today where it is all going to go I do not know. Steve is consuming all the mixed biscuits soon wont be any left for Christmas, but it is only me and him so what's it matter. I am going to boil a large bacon joint today bet that doesn't last either!

Oh well have a good day everyone, hope you are all feeling ok this morning. Take care stay warm and dry and out of the wind and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
I think you need a cupboard with a lock on it or a padlock on Steve's mouth. If it is all gone for Christmas it means you miss out over Christmas could you not ask him not to touch till you put them out ? You can freeze the joint when cold wrap it in baking parchment or similar then in two layers of cling film. Defrost the ham on a cake cooler with a dish underneath. Little tip Gill gave me.
It will still be dark for little while even though we have now had the shortest day. Soon be happening though.

Off out to do some last minute shopping today and maybe start the mince pies and sausage rolls when I get back. Plus some present wrapping.
We have a chilly wind this morning.

Hope everyone is well and all doglets too.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Morning all
I'm off out for the last breakfast of the year today with my friend, also will be remembering her sister as she passed away 4 years ago today at the age of 39. Still can't believe it really.

Moyra just tell him he can't touch them till Christmas Day
Ooh home made mince pies yum
Right have a good day all
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 08:11 AM
If he eats it all he will have to go out and get some more as there wont be any more Tesco deliveries after today. In one breath he is telling me I am not eating anything and should and then when I go to the fridge and say where's the so and so gone he says you must have eaten it. I could pull my hair out. Lol.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Or maybe stand on a chair and clip his ear ? My mum and dad always use to say your never too old or big for a clip round the ear.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Giving you the heads up for those who may be interested.

BBC4 Christmas eve 8pm All aboard the sleigh ride.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Morning all, another very windy day. It was quite a struggle getting to the paper shop just now, battling against the wind.
Food shopping for me today .... fruit and veg, and then I'm not going out again until after Christmas.
I also think we should look for an eatery for the last time too
Mandy enjoy your breakfast and I hope everyone else has a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning

Oh dear Moyra he really is so thoughtless towards you and all that you do for him seems to be unappreciated. Don't mean to go on just feel for you. ((hugs)). Put something nice in a cupboard in your bedroom so he can't find it

Good luck with the shopping Lynn. Will be over to take some of your cooking off your hands Don't plan on starting until tomorrow with my last minute cooking, ha, cheesecake etc.

Hope you find somewhere to eat Nippy but I expect it will be rammed with Christmas bookings for offices etc.

Enjoy your last breakfast with friend for the year Mandy and it is good that you have such a long break over festive period.

Wet and miserable here. Did brighten up so whipped her ladyship out but it started to drizzle 5 mins into the walk so we are a bit wet round the edges Out again in the minute to the library books due back today and as the library is run by volunteers you can't phone in to renew - they are not computerised still the old file system and stamping of books

Have good day and stay safe and warm
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Morning Sue, I hadn't given a thought to all my lovely carvery places being filled with Christmas revelers
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Moyra, i agree, grab some of the goodies and stash them in your room Lol
Lynn, ooo my dad would like some mince pies please! i don't like them so have never made them
Sue, how retro of your library...good of them to run it really
Mandy, enjoy brekkie...hugs for your friend
Nippy, enjoy your meal, hope you find somewhere that isn't too packed
i think i need to make one more trip to town...i don't want to go...maybe the local shops will have what i need, it may be safer for me, also need to drop the cards off around the neighbours and people we like in this road
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >