Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:10 PM

Dogwalker incident

hi

had a bit of a situ today.... boils down to,one male dogwalker with 7 offlead dogs,said walker kicked two dogs(of mine) and then kicked me and my friend and went for her throat...police were useless (i would of thought it was assault) will the dog warden be able to do anything? would his insurance cover 7 offlead dogs?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Have not got an answer for you but hope you and yours are ok now..
The older i get the less i like people ...x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi

had a bit of a situ today.... boils down to,one male dogwalker with 7 offlead dogs,said walker kicked two dogs(of mine) and then kicked me and my friend and went for her throat...police were useless (i would of thought it was assault) will the dog warden be able to do anything? would his insurance cover 7 offlead dogs?
Did you play the helpless dog owner and act very afraid, this is the card to play in these situations but I expect you are a bit like me, if I tried to play that card I would laughed off the field..........

Anyway, if you know the guy and he is a dog walker he should (should) have insurance, your local authority may also have byelaws/dog control orders on maximum number of dogs that can be walked at any one time;

In cases like this I would pursue all angles and even go back to the cops, they may be waiting to see how far you are prepared to go.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:23 PM
hi

We had something similar to this but not as bad a few years ago. OH and I were walking Hal off lead around the fields at the back of our house. Neighbour with his Airedale, on lead, comes past us, Hal sniffs his Airedale's bottom, owner goes mad and kicks Hal. OH kicked his bottom, telling him not to kick his dog! Punch up ensued between the two males, with me trying to keep the peace, meanwhile the two dogs go off together having a great time sniffing around after rabbits! Police did not want to know. They have no jurisdiction in such an incident.

I hope you kicked this horrible person - it sounds as if you didn't, more's the pity, although that must give you the moral high ground.

The dog warden won't be much help in legalistic terms, only in an advisory capacity. What caused this person to kick your dogs?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Omg, I am beginning to agree with what Murf has said above. I am guessing Police can't act because you don't know who this man is?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Quite! Anyone who kicks dogs like that are the scum of the earth. It is one thing to kick Tupacs ... but to kick her dogs is just deplorable
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Omg, I am beginning to agree with what Murf has said above. I am guessing Police can't act because you don't know who this man is?
Even if she did it makes no difference - the police just don't want to know in these circs.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
thanks all four of us have sore legs
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Did you play the helpless dog owner and act very afraid, this is the card to play in these situations but I expect you are a bit like me, if I tried to play that card I would laughed off the field..........

Anyway, if you know the guy and he is a dog walker he should (should) have insurance, your local authority may also have byelaws/dog control orders on maximum number of dogs that can be walked at any one time;

In cases like this I would pursue all angles and even go back to the cops, they may be waiting to see how far you are prepared to go.
hmm...tbf i dont do confrontation..until someone hurts my dogs for no good reason Tupac got kicked just for walking past!! i saw red! but didnt touch the guy..but he heard me

im waiting for the bruise to come out on my leg and going back to the police im also thinking of complaining to the officers superiors..he gave me an incident no but im not happy with his comment 'well walk somewhere else' why should i?

also i hoping my dogs wont need the vet but Tupac isnt standing right(altho not in pain) and Flea was limping,but if they need the vet i want HIM to pay!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Police did not want to know. They have no jurisdiction in such an incident.

Er How come?

I hope you kicked this horrible person - it sounds as if you didn't, more's the pity, although that must give you the moral high ground.

That would be a stupid thing to do, it would mean that she could have been at risk of being arrested.

The dog warden won't be much help in legalistic terms, only in an advisory capacity. What caused this person to kick your dogs?

Actually the dog warden does have some legal powers.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:32 PM
thanks all four of us have sore legs

hmm...tbf i dont do confrontation..until someone hurts my dogs for no good reason Tupac got kicked just for walking past!! i saw red! but didnt touch the guy..but he heard me

im waiting for the bruise to come out on my leg and going back to the police im also thinking of complaining to the officers superiors..he gave me an incident no but im not happy with his comment 'well walk somewhere else' why should i?

also i hoping my dogs wont need the vet but Tupac isnt standing right(altho not in pain) and Flea was limping,but if they need the vet i want HIM to pay!

Go back to the police, how many women are attacked (and killed) walking their dogs!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »