Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
Dont forget they will go straight into your library once they are downloaded and then you can click on them with enqueue and then you can have continuous play.
Hi Katie, Yes I managed to find them (somewhere! ), then I got them into media player, but they're all over the place, so I've dragged them across the ones I want from just about everywhere, so they're on the play list, and then I've saved that play list. Oh dear, this is getting far too techie for the likes of me!!! The trouble with that Limewire is, although it was very quick this morning coz I did what Colin said and only did about 10, but then when I started adding again, it all stopped on pending? Couldn't get it to start at all? So I went out of there, and in again, and luckily they were all saved in the drop down search so I started again with just 10!

How do you say, well not, how do you say, but how do you know that it puts them in there automatically then? Will they, or rather should they, all appear under one folder or heading, coz mine seem to be under artists, then some elsewhere, some in another place, it's beginning to drive me nuts now!

Btw, when I played some back last night I lurved that theatre, that's absolutely brilliant, but it appears to be closed today unless I've broken it! Lol! Just a black screen when I go in there. Maybe they haven't turned the lights on yet ??!!! LMAO!!!

I'm glad I've discovered this though, just wish I had more time to play around with it. I'm getting all Dave's 70's cd's in from the car for tomorrow night!
legendaryone
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Arggggggghhhhhhhhh me hearties and a bottle of rum
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
You said in your previous post, "any questions just ask" well I have one please!!!!

When you get the massive list of different versions, is there a knack to know exactly which one to download??? Oh, it's so painfully slooooow and I'm only doing 4 this time!!!
legendaryone
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi Helena There is a there several things you can do when you are choosing a torrent to download, first i look to see how many seeds and leechers it has, generally the more seeders the faster you will be able to download
Also check if anyone has left any comments this will let you know if there are any problems with that torrent, finally there are usually several torrents of the same album done at different bit rates the higher the number the better the quality (but will result in a larger file size) 128 kbits is fine for most people though.
Remember the more obscure a album/artist the longer it might take to download.

Any more questions just ask
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Awww thankyou I'll make a note of all that then, it seems to be doing fine at the moment, and they're all stored in my media centre, I guess you mean "sources" when you say seeds and leechers, coz that's a heading on the LimeWire where it will either have 1 or 50. I noticed the different sizes too, and assumed it would take longer, but then thought they were remixes and longer versions, not the same one but better quality! Bear in mind this is only a trial run and when Christmas is over, I will do it all over again, but properly next time! Thanks for you help.

I will listen to more music now that I've got all my fave's in one place on the puter. I never bother in the car coz I don't want to listen to what they want to play, so I like a talky radio channel, and I don't like to keep cd's in the car coz they get damaged (my dogmobile is a bit of a tip!)and all my originals are still boxed up in the shed anyway from when we were having our loft converted and I can't get to them without major upheaval! I can't be a**ed either!!!
legendaryone
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awww thankyou I'll make a note of all that then, it seems to be doing fine at the moment, and they're all stored in my media centre, I guess you mean "sources" when you say seeds and leechers, coz that's a heading on the LimeWire where it will either have 1 or 50. I noticed the different sizes too, and assumed it would take longer, but then thought they were remixes and longer versions, not the same one but better quality!

There seems to be a mix up, i don't use Limewire (haven't for over 5 years) I use BitComet to download torrents (which are the music files)
When i did use Limewire and similar there were always lots of different re-mixes and alot of them were dodgy. To get around downloading the dodgy files i would nip to amazon etc find the track i wanted, note how long it was then search for that track at that length on Limewire.

Hope that helps
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Never had a problem with Limewire, before that it was Kazaa and before that summat else but I can't remember, Morphius? And of course Napster back in the day.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Oooerr! Yes, I've had some very strange tracks coming up, so you're right there! Anyways, I've managed to delete them and I've complied about 80 tracks now, I'm still going.......

Btw, does anyone know the title (the correct title) for a song I think Bill Withers did, which I call You'll never find???? It's bugging me coz I can't get to it!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oooerr! Yes, I've had some very strange tracks coming up, so you're right there! Anyways, I've managed to delete them and I've complied about 80 tracks now, I'm still going.......

Btw, does anyone know the title (the correct title) for a song I think Bill Withers did, which I call You'll never find???? It's bugging me coz I can't get to it!!
If I don't know the title of a song I type in some of the lyrics I know and the artist into google and type 'lyrics' after it (so you are infact searching for the lyrics but it usually turns up more results that way as just a few words from the lyrics will usually find the right set of lyrics and of course you find the title of the song that way too!). I've found songs this way just by a few lyrics even and no artist.

So for instance you should type " Bill Withers you'll never find lyrics" into google.

This is what it's came up with.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=
Hope that helps!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Brilliant! Thanks Kel!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >