Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Where does your Dog/s Sleep?

Well this has probably been done before but I love hearing where everyone's dog/s sleep at night!

I will start........ When we first got Monty I was ok with having him in our room but in his own bed!! Then one Saturday morning OH was like awww look at him lets just bring him in the bed for 10mins, my reply...'once you let him in once he will want to come up all the time' and about 5 weeks later we STILL wake to Monty snuggled up right between us every morning!! - normally head on pillows under duvet! I am not that amused by it but he loves it and so does the OH!!.... geez I thought us girls were meant to be the soft touches!!

It was really strange at first because during the day or any other time we were upstairs he couldn't get on the bed as he just couldn't manage to jump that high yet every morning he would be in our bed and neither of us could remember bringing him in the bed in the night - he somehow must have mustered all his strength to crawl up the bed - it's amazing what they will do when they really want something!!

So yeah Monty starts in his own bed every night but is always in our bed by the morning!! - Spoilt you say?? NO course not!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 11:44 AM
My lot sleep where they choose - Bran in a basket downstairs because he can`t do stairs. Raz beside Bran because he`s his Friend. Daisy in my room on the sofa or the dogbed and Shamus in his bed to start with but jammed up against my back when I wake up .
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Zak sleeps on the settee downstairs, he likes his own space.

Zeita in bed with us , she has her own bed but rarely uses it for long. If hubby is away she is on the bed all night with me. I love it and she seems to too however it is a squash when hubby is home lol. I always joke and say his bed is on the floor us girls have to stick together you know
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Holly (lurcher) is a duvet diver - starts on top but soon has to crawl underneath and then gives a very contented sigh. Not overly pleased when Alfie cat walks over her but sticks her head out so that Alfie can clean her face and ears

I was a person who thought that having a dog upstairs was disgusting!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Everyone is in my room. Mia gets huffy cos I fidget when I sleep so she often goes and sleeps in her crate
Ben starts on the floor but usualy comes onto the bed
He is most often at the foot of the bed but he snuggles into my legs as I move in the night and often I find myself at 45 degrees across the bed
Another one he does sometimes
If I am lying on my back with my arms on my tummy he creeps up along side me, nuzzles his nose under my hand then lifts his nose - with my hand on over to his bum where he gently lets my hand slide off to his bum, then he wiggles up and puts his head on my shoulder and gazes at me till I open my eyes then wag wag wag with glee
- and dogs dont like cuddles
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Shady sleeps in her bed next to my bed and Kyiro sleeps downstairs on the sofa.
When Milo was alive he used to sleep under the duvet with me. I so miss Milo
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Dex and Bo sleep downstairs in the kitchen, and Tilly my Yorkie is crated in our utility room.

Definately no dogs on the bed for me...I wouldn't be able to sleep at all with them moving around all night.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by AmyH-Cornwall View Post
normally head on pillows under duvet! I am not that amused by it but he loves it and so does the OH!!.... geez I thought us girls were meant to be the soft touches!!

Spoilt you say?? NO course not!
lmao @ 'geez I thought girls were meant to be the soft touches'!!!!!

Bentley sleeps on my bed, head on pillow and under the duvet to!!!
So I guess hes spoilt, and for a geeeezer Im a soft touch to!!

I dont need an alarm clock, my boy just wakes me up with a big slobber kiss and wagging tail!
sasha26
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2010, 12:57 PM
sasha sleeps in her crate downstairs but comes up every morning to wake my son and my OH up lol she loves it and licks them all over the face lol but my OH wont get out of bed until sasha is out of the room as once she accidently nipped his pirvate bits lol
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Normally in her bed next to mine but she has the run of the house so can choose to go where she likes, usually likes to be on the sofa when the weather is too hot (hard to imagine at the mo'!).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >