View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Aww sorry boys been under the weather x x Hope all back to there normal today x x

Its going to be one of those mysteries x x
Mine sleep on my bed, and always all fast asleep at night x Love to know what they get up to when I left alone.

I know mine have sometimes been a little sick if they have drank sea water, but only lasted a few hours x x

As I know you would. Just watch/investigate very closely re closed eye, in case there was a foreign body or had accidentally been scratched or could be an ulcer or something. Was there a lot of sleep so could have been sticky, or any redness? I would really worry if sensitive to light.

The limping is probably a sprain from overdone things in play and pain come on after resting overnight.

Send Huggles xxxx
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
So it appears to be all systems go again
I hope they are both on the mend, Poppy sends healing hugs and kisses. x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Petstalk View Post
Aww sorry boys been under the weather x x Hope all back to there normal today x x

Its going to be one of those mysteries x x
Mine sleep on my bed, and always all fast asleep at night x Love to know what they get up to when I left alone.

I know mine have sometimes been a little sick if they have drank sea water, but only lasted a few hours x x

As I know you would. Just watch/investigate very closely re closed eye, in case there was a foreign body or had accidentally been scratched or could be an ulcer or something. Was there a lot of sleep so could have been sticky, or any redness? I would really worry if sensitive to light.

The limping is probably a sprain from overdone things in play and pain come on after resting overnight.

Send Huggles xxxx
Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
I hope they are both on the mend, Poppy sends healing hugs and kisses. x
Thank you both. Archie definately has sore eyes again today - both of them I am now thinking it is sand behind the eyes from the beach. I bathed them again and it then looks ok. But he has just woken up and the eyes are red and sore, so a trip to see the vet i think.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Awwww poor Archie I've only just seen this thread this morning, sorry to hear what happened yesterday, but I hope apart from Archie's eyes, they're both back to their normal myschievous selves now. Have you given them a good flushing out with well soaked cotton pads. If you make up the saline solution and keep it in the fridge, it will refresh them as well as using it to flush them out. I hope the vet can do this for you anyways if that's where you're going with Archie? Poor little man, I love little Archie and he loves me I think???!!!xxxxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh has just reminded me that the last time it was sandy down there they both had sore looking eyes. That was why I put them both in the shower, directly we got home. I never use the shower on the face though, so i can only assume it's got under the lids etc..

I can't call vet yet ( local one ) until after 2pm, and i will see what they say over the phone, In the meantime I will as you say H keep bathing them. Poor sausage!
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Awww, sorry to hear Archie's eyes are sore again today. I would be suprised that they would still be sore re sand but a possibuility.
How is Archies paw?
Has Archie been having a lot of discharge from the eyes daily recently?
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Min, Spoke to vet and he said probably the sand and to bathe the eyes, he also mentioned the dog shampoo ?? but this has been the same brand since having him.

His paw is back to normal, and his eyes have been fine - no increased noticable discharge.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Just a thought Tracy, have you got a syringe in the house? By that I mean, one of those big plastic jobs for giving them medicine or suchlike???? That would be good, if you could fill that (or get one from a chemist) with saline solution, a very weak one, or even just plain BOILED water which has been left in the fridge, and that way you can really flush it out. I think if you try and do it with sodden cotton wool pads or suchlike, it might irritate it even more, you really need to swamp it with water, behind the eye too, to flush it right out, and I think the only way will be with a syringe?

p.s. Don't stick the syringe in his eye, get somebody to hold him tight and you just concentrate on keeping that eye open and flushing in the water out of the syringe. I used to have to do this with the horse every day, and it works!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Don't do eyes at the best of times H, horrible things that move Yes I do have a syringe, may ask oh later, whilst i close my eyes
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Dave's the same, it makes him go all willaky (sp!)I don't have a problem with eyes and hopefully, nor will Nigel then! Good luck, it really needs to be done to clean it all out. Hope it's getting better anyway, poor little guy.xxxx
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >