Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
That's because it is sensible!

Be strong. Wait until you and your OH are settled in your own house if that's what you're planning on doing. Focus on that, save up hard and enjoy your life together as it is at the moment.

Maybe you should speak to do your doctor, see what they say just out of interest?

Remember, babies cost a lot of money, much more than dogs!

I think i might go to the docs about it, its now begining to affect me more than it ever has before so i need to put a stop to it.

Maybe i should get a puppy to keep me busy lol

Plus ive just been asked to be godmother by my friend - so i think im just going to have a very spoilt goddaughter

Thankyou for listening to me moan lol
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 09:30 PM
You know Pawsonboard, babies are lovely and I can understand how you feel (hormones have a lot to answer for) - but babies are really hard work (a lifetime's hard work) that never ends and you often feel overwhelming responsibility and inadequacy like you wouldn't believe. They also cost a small fortune and they don't stay babies for long. Its not always cosy and serene and you will worry about them for the rest of your life.
I had my first child at 26 and I don't mind saying I was totally gobsmacked and unprepared. I have had two children (who are now grown up with their own children) and I even now I still feel a great sense of responsibility for all of them. It never ends. For a woman having children changes your life completely. It is more than sharing your life with a child, for me it means total sacrifice of our own needs for theirs - forever.
I am not sorry I had my children, but I didn't find it easy - I don't think anyone who is being honest would say it is easy.
I think 22 is young, especially if you are building up a business and making yourself financially secure. You will have plenty of time for children a bit later on. I advised my own children to make themselves financially secure and independent with a good career before they thought about settling down and children. My daughter had one child (unmarried) then married and had another baby. She is now separated from their father and on her own, having to work full-time and bringing up two young children (2 and 5 yrs old). She doesn't want to but she depnds on us to help her with our grandchildren. My son is not married, but is in a good relationship and they have one child. They are very happy and say they will stay unmarried. My daughter married and it all fell apart - so that tells me that getting married and having babies doesn't make a woman secure, but it does make you vulnerable.
I would say to you there is a lot of sense in waiting a while for a baby - have some fun - get your business secure, a good deposit for a house - then get married if thats the right thing for you and then a baby a few years on from now.
Sorry for going on a bit, but it is a huge step you are thinking of taking.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
You know Pawsonboard, babies are lovely and I can understand how you feel (hormones have a lot to answer for) - but babies are really hard work (a lifetime's hard work) that never ends and you often feel overwhelming responsibility and inadequacy like you wouldn't believe. They also cost a small fortune and they don't stay babies for long. Its not always cosy and serene and you will worry about them for the rest of your life.
I had my first child at 26 and I don't mind saying I was totally gobsmacked and unprepared. I have had two children (who are now grown up with their own children) and I even now I still feel a great sense of responsibility for all of them. It never ends. For a woman having children changes your life completely. It is more than sharing your life with a child, for me it means total sacrifice of our own needs for theirs - forever.
I am not sorry I had my children, but I didn't find it easy - I don't think anyone who is being honest would say it is easy.
I think 22 is young, especially if you are building up a business and making yourself financially secure. You will have plenty of time for children a bit later on. I advised my own children to make themselves financially secure and independent with a good career before they thought about settling down and children. My daughter had one child (unmarried) then married and had another baby. She is now separated from their father and on her own, having to work full-time and bringing up two young children (2 and 5 yrs old). She doesn't want to but she depnds on us to help her with our grandchildren. My son is not married, but is in a good relationship and they have one child. They are very happy and say they will stay unmarried. My daughter married and it all fell apart - so that tells me that getting married and having babies doesn't make a woman secure, but it does make you vulnerable.
I would say to you there is a lot of sense in waiting a while for a baby - have some fun - get your business secure, a good deposit for a house - then get married if thats the right thing for you and then a baby a few years on from now.
Sorry for going on a bit, but it is a huge step you are thinking of taking.
Thankyou, I am definatly not going to make it a mission to get pregnant anytime soon or anything, and i know that i will regret it if i do!

I just want the broodyness to stop, im sick of aching everytime i have a baby cuddle or spend the day with my friends twins!!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
My mum had 3 kids when she was 21, me at 18 by accident, then 2 years later she wanted a sibling for me and got my 2 bros I dont doubt it was hard work for her but on the plus side...she's 45 now and has her life back to herself (well almost )
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 09:24 AM
I know how you feel. I feel the same sometimes.

Im 21, in a very happy relationship, we have our own place [not rented] and are getting married in 6 months time
I think planning the wedding has helped take my mind of babies..but whats going to happen in a years time lol

Thing is...and I know this probably wont help your situation...but if your in a secure relationship...yeah theres plenty of time for you, you're only young...but if you know you'll be happy with a baby, why wait???

OH and I have planned in 18months I have my inplant taken out and we'll just see what happens
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Aw I do sympathise with you, a friend of mine went through the broodiness feeling for over 2 years, but her OH wouldnt budge on having a child as 'the time wasnt right' He then decided the time was right, at 8 months pregnant he upped & left her! There is never 'a right time'

I had my first son at 20yrs old, another son at 22, another son at 26 annnnnd another when I was 27. I thought I was set for life, until my Ex thought I'd make a good punchbag, hed been verbally abusive for years...enough was enough, I upped sticks moved as far away as I could, lost 2 of my sons through a horrendous courtbattle , but here I am settled, happy & seeing more of my 2 sons now than I have in the last 2 years.

The time is never right for anything hun. Huge hugs to ya!
Sorry for waffling lol x
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:43 PM
As every one says there is no right time to have a baby. But what I will say is that not everyone gets pregnant right away. What if you delayed it and then took over 10 years to get pregnant? It could happen..........

So many people put things off, always thinking they have plenty of time etc but sometimes that just isn't the case.

I had my first at 26 but would have had one sooner by choice. Talk to your OH and tell him how you feel.

Life is short so if it feels right then that is because it is right, so go for it
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Sorry if this sounds patronising but you have plenty of time ! i was 28 when i had my first child. Please have a bit of life first, get yourself sorted and then have a baby x
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 02:27 PM
I can see it from both sides. Pilgrim makes a good point, sometimes people wait and then it takes a long time to get pregnant. I won't go into the details of my struggles, but sufficed to say, it's not always as easy to say you want to be pregnant and then 9 months later a baby comes out.
Enjoy your time and you'll 'know' when you're ready and best of luck deciding
p.s. we wanted to wait until we weren't renting - but would rather have a baby than our own house, that will come in time hopefully.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
My mum had 3 kids when she was 21, me at 18 by accident, then 2 years later she wanted a sibling for me and got my 2 bros I dont doubt it was hard work for her but on the plus side...she's 45 now and has her life back to herself (well almost )
Yeah thats another thing that would appeal to me having a baby this young. Plus the way ive planned it (OH wants 3, id be happy with 2) When i have my first i want to wait till that one is in the last year of nursery before i conceive (or start trying) again, then wait the same time till we try for a third. So i have some time with just me and the baby while the others are at school/nursery etc.

Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
I know how you feel. I feel the same sometimes.

Im 21, in a very happy relationship, we have our own place [not rented] and are getting married in 6 months time
I think planning the wedding has helped take my mind of babies..but whats going to happen in a years time lol

Thing is...and I know this probably wont help your situation...but if your in a secure relationship...yeah theres plenty of time for you, you're only young...but if you know you'll be happy with a baby, why wait???

OH and I have planned in 18months I have my inplant taken out and we'll just see what happens
I do want to get married before I have a baby, how long were you and your OH together before he proposed?

Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Aw I do sympathise with you, a friend of mine went through the broodiness feeling for over 2 years, but her OH wouldnt budge on having a child as 'the time wasnt right' He then decided the time was right, at 8 months pregnant he upped & left her! There is never 'a right time'

I had my first son at 20yrs old, another son at 22, another son at 26 annnnnd another when I was 27. I thought I was set for life, until my Ex thought I'd make a good punchbag, hed been verbally abusive for years...enough was enough, I upped sticks moved as far away as I could, lost 2 of my sons through a horrendous courtbattle , but here I am settled, happy & seeing more of my 2 sons now than I have in the last 2 years.

The time is never right for anything hun. Huge hugs to ya!
Sorry for waffling lol x
Thankyou hun, im sorry youve had to go through all that but happy that youre happy now Ive already done the violent partner bit and got shot of him a few years ago. My OH now is fab but he has aspergers and adhd, as it runs into his family i know that any child we have will innevitably have difficulties of some description so I need to be prepared for that too

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
As every one says there is no right time to have a baby. But what I will say is that not everyone gets pregnant right away. What if you delayed it and then took over 10 years to get pregnant? It could happen..........

So many people put things off, always thinking they have plenty of time etc but sometimes that just isn't the case.

I had my first at 26 but would have had one sooner by choice. Talk to your OH and tell him how you feel.

Life is short so if it feels right then that is because it is right, so go for it
We spoke about it last night for about 3 hours and although i cant shake the broodyness neither of us are in a position to start trying really, OH wants to change jobs and at the moment im earning most of the money, because im self employed when I get preggers it will probably mean the end of my buisness as I run it alone. Also means the end of the money from my side which would make everything a struggle as it is.

Rationally i know we arent in a position to have or even start trying for a bub but can someone please explain this to my hormoes and womb?! lol

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Sorry if this sounds patronising but you have plenty of time ! i was 28 when i had my first child. Please have a bit of life first, get yourself sorted and then have a baby x
Not patronising at all this is what i need to keep drumming into my skull!! I just want the broodyness to go away for a couple of years
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »