register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2007, 06:35 PM

15 months old today - The Norties At Large (Utonagan)

Did try and get one of Maelona in the tree, but she kept jumping on my head, so perhaps not!!!
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for posting the pics, looks like a great place to walk.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Lovely to see them again They love walks like those don't they...lots of trees, lots of things to explore - we can't actually drive by clusters of pine trees without Takoda whining because he wants to get out and run through them...lol They adore the forest and other woods - totally in their element!
howardsdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Lovely to see them - and it does look a lovely place to walk.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2007, 07:24 PM
The Absolute Funniest Thing Happened Today

On the way through the park there was a bench with a lad with his hoodie up, he was leaning at a funny angle (I thought he might be dead actually ) and the girls were quite interested, but called them away OK.
ON THE WAY BACK... same lad was fast asleep in the grass next to the bench. Well There Was NO Chance of them coming back to me. They were over there with him, pawing him, licking him, jumping on him, trying to get him to roll over....for some reason he Wasn't Amused
He had either had a skinful and was sleeping it off or was on something, they would not leave him alone, I walked off in the end and kept calling them and eventually they came running up...I keep getting the giggles thinking about it.
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Beautiful! I must say, I love the look of the shedding coats. =) I absolutely dread the times when my huskies get their new coats in. I always manage to find hair where I didn't think it was possible to get into. Have fun brushing! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 07:49 PM
yeah their coats do look gorgeous - something to be said for outdoor dogs of this kind in that you get the full on thick coat that they might not get living indoors.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Is that some thing I 've got to look forward to ?, I comb Inka and Kain everyday, mind you they are only 9 months so the coat probably has'nt matured yet ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2007, 01:37 PM
If you have the short haired 'model' they will look like Maelona when they are shedding and it is not too bad,she doesn't take long to brush at all. However if you have one like Cariad - well you could brush all night and never get to the end of it
Last year wasn't too bad at all, they were still babies, and if yours are not shedding profusely now you will probably have to wait until next year when the full 'joy' of moulting will become apparent.
We have someone on our Utonagan Dog Club forum that will spin the 'wool' for you, so I am now saving carrier bags of the stuff, ready for my wooly jumper
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Is that some thing I 've got to look forward to ?, I comb Inka and Kain everyday, mind you they are only 9 months so the coat probably has'nt matured yet ?
Yours wont be as visable when moulting as they are kept inside so the coat changes arn't as drastic.

Keena's fur does get everywhere...it falls out easier but from Kody he tends to hold onto his longer till I rake through it and then I can get a good full carrier bag off him most days and then i'm still not even done he is very furry.