View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2007, 03:31 PM
love the house - would love chickens too but havent got the room. got the smallest garden in the universe....

sue
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 08:56 PM
They are wonderful!
I have been getting 1 to 3 eggs a day!
They are loving scratching in the garden, my compost is going to be worm free soon! They are so funny when they get a worm, the one that has one sqwarks and starts running around and the others chase

Poor old Molly had a shock the other day! She was lying there just quietly watching the chickens and one decided that the piece of grass right near her foot was yummy and shot forward pecking at it!! Molly almost backflipped into the apple tree!! It was funny!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm pleased they've settled in!
Becky
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-08-2007, 10:21 PM
We had a whole bunch of rescued hens, many didn't have much in the way of feathers at first, some died and none of them seemed to live very long. They were all good layers though.

When they were first released into the pen they all huddled together for about a week, but soon became quite adventerous.

.................Never did find out where you put the batteries though Maybe thats why they didn't live long?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2