Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 10:30 PM

Remember Esmarelda?!

Some of you may remember that poor little Es was very sick a couple of months ago. She could barely walk, was very shaky and completely stopped eating She got so skinny and we really thought she was going to die!

But.. With lots of TLC, and some peanut butter on bread (the stuff in her cage in the pics lol) she seems to be much better now!! She's still not great on her feet through her tunnels, but she goes out in her ball again now and can run (she used to just sit there!) and she's even started going on her wheel again the last few days

The poor girl must be getting very old now, i've had her since about October i think, and they said she was about 3 months old when i bought her! But anyway, she's happy, and hopefully healthy again now! So here's some pics of her, just a few while she was being nosey

bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 10:32 PM
aww bless her what a little darling shes so gorgeous i hope she continues with her good health
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes I remember Esmarelda - it was your fault I got another hamster and she is a right evil little sod - she screeches at you sometimes when you go near the cage I am scared to death of her Syrian hamsters usually live till about 2 1/2 years old so you should have Esmeraldas company for quite a long time yet
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Ah yes Jessica she's looking good now
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-08-2006, 12:31 AM
awww shes looking great

Tom
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Aww that's great news Esmerelda was also the reason I got a hamster
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 05:50 AM
What a difference Jessica! She looks fantastic now - well done honey
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I didn't realise Es had inspired so many people to buy hamsters!!

She is very very friendly, i guess i was lucky as people keep saying how evil their syrian hamsters are! Even when i didn't handle her much for about 2 months when she was sick, she still hasn't attempted to bite me

She's just been out and had some ham (another favourite treat) and she had a climb around my computer so she seems to be doing much better. i wonder if, from so long not doing anything, maybe she just needs to build up the muscles in her legs again as she can only do a couple of mins on the wheel then looks exhausted! Her legs are still really skinny and bony too, which is a bit worrying
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Our hamster likes ham too (perhaps thats why they are called ham-sters ) and chicken She is okay with me but if Laura or Rhianna goes near the cage she makes this awful threatening noise - I have never had an hamster that has made this noise before - she truly is evil