View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 05:25 PM
My two are so scaredy cats the cat's now terrorized them OFF the dog beds so she can have them for themselves!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 05:30 PM
lmao

Yes Mia is just as brave
I was on a narrow path and there was a horse there - and another one behind me so no way to get out
Mia has kicked off at horses in the distance before - so I was expecting trouble
She looked, she took a deep breath in to have a tantrum, looked again at how GIANT the horse was - and how close
and she closed her mouth and walked by very very quietly

then grinned up at me and licked her lips 'dont I get some chicken for that one??'
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 05:35 PM
That reminds me of when I took Polo out walking along a narrow footpath and there was a man and his dobermann approaching. (It was OH with Lady.)

Polo's tail went up and he let out a low grumble and took a few steps towards her. Lady knew it was us and kept trotting towards us and Polo's tail dropped between his legs and he turned and legged it. Lady was in pursuit and when he realised it was her he went all wiggly.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh its not just small dogs. Phoebe will run and bark at people who come in to the house from half way up the stairs or she hides under the stairs to bark. Im quite sure she would want picking up if was an option. On our walk today the builders doing an extension over the road dropped something and made a big bang. She waiting till we were half in the house before telling them off. Haha
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Just read your post to Sal and she totaly agrees live to fight another day and she thinks why have an owner and bark yourself...............oh yes she'd vote for being carried anyday. Only thing is its a split decision as I vote she walks.
Im sure Sal would love to be carried
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
Yes, Maisie is very brave too.

If she is out with the other dogs and another dog approaches, she goes "yip yip (calling in the troops) yip yip." Then she looks over her shoulder and realises the other dogs aka 'the troops' are on lead and she is out on a limb on her own.

Plan b - wag tail and bum and indicate what a lovely friendly dog she is and no threat to anyone.
Mojo's plan B is the flop on her back and play dead
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
My two are so scaredy cats the cat's now terrorized them OFF the dog beds so she can have them for themselves!
My cats lie on top of these lot when they are on their bed....cats rule
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
lmao

Yes Mia is just as brave
I was on a narrow path and there was a horse there - and another one behind me so no way to get out
Mia has kicked off at horses in the distance before - so I was expecting trouble
She looked, she took a deep breath in to have a tantrum, looked again at how GIANT the horse was - and how close
and she closed her mouth and walked by very very quietly

then grinned up at me and licked her lips 'dont I get some chicken for that one??'
Clever girl xxx
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
That reminds me of when I took Polo out walking along a narrow footpath and there was a man and his dobermann approaching. (It was OH with Lady.)

Polo's tail went up and he let out a low grumble and took a few steps towards her. Lady knew it was us and kept trotting towards us and Polo's tail dropped between his legs and he turned and legged it. Lady was in pursuit and when he realised it was her he went all wiggly.
That made me LOL
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
Oh its not just small dogs. Phoebe will run and bark at people who come in to the house from half way up the stairs or she hides under the stairs to bark. Im quite sure she would want picking up if was an option. On our walk today the builders doing an extension over the road dropped something and made a big bang. She waiting till we were half in the house before telling them off. Haha
awwwwwww bless
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2012, 02:17 AM
brave? stupid? ya iv got one of those,his name is bo,a boy through and through..hes the guy who ripped off a skunks tail, then killed it!...the bravest part is when he ran through my house,,now thats brave,if you would like the full story/? look under...skunk.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
brave? stupid? ya iv got one of those,his name is bo,a boy through and through..hes the guy who ripped off a skunks tail, then killed it!...the bravest part is when he ran through my house,,now thats brave,if you would like the full story/? look under...skunk.
thankfully we have no Skunks
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Mine always make a fuss when they see other dogs but when a sibe that was leading a team got loose and ran over to us my 4 were scared stiff, they didn't move a muscle or even blink. The sibe was trying to get Fiji to play with her by tweaking her coat, I did tell the chap off but would really of liked to have a chat, they did look a picture flying around the woods when we saw them later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 07:36 AM
My two dogs are much braver when together than when they are apart.
My last dog would bark ferociously behind our full-length glass front door at anyone who dared to approach and ring it. When I then opened the door she would race off into the kitchen and hide ............... so brave
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2