View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Never say never! The more you learn and understand how the horse thinks the less the fear will be able to grip you. Plus I always find when riding things seem like I just will never get better, and suddenly it all comes together and I shoot up in ability, only to get stuck at a new place for ages.

And haha at Take That songs bet your horse loved that!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Right - 2 more lessons under my belt. Friday's went a bit wrong. I was on a different pony who is bombproof but isn't really schooled (he is a livery and is owned by a nervous rider, who is apparently worse than me). It was a really fantastic experience as I was actually "riding", rather than just sitting. Usually, I do very little steering as the RS ponies know exactly where they are going. This chap, didn't so it was good experience. I think he got a bit sick of my incompetance at the end though as he decided to take the mick and take me into the middle of the jumps and just stand there lol. Got admire his cheekyness lol.

I decided I would book another lesson today as I didn't want to spend the whole week worrying about it and I'm glad I did. I was on a different horse this time, and I have only ridden him once before. I cantered...YAY! My RI REALLy pushed me but I think that was the right thing to do as I did 2 sides and then 2 on the other rein so came away feeling very proud of myself

This riding business is like a rollercoaster! lol Makes it interesting though!

Helen
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4