Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Ear mites are a nightmare to get rid of. My cats had an infestation a while ago and it took ages to get rid of them. Poor wee thing, I hope this stuff Thornit helps her.
They can be very contagious dogs have allergy ears so have been having ear drops anyway, so far the other cats are clear.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
ear mites are always present in ears and its when the balance tips it becomes a problem....as said,advocate or stronghold are the only way to kill these blighters,but ALL animals in the house must be treated,also,the mites make the ears overproduce wax and need thorough cleaning as ears clogged up with wax are perfect breeding ground for more mites(so the cycle starts again) and other infections.....you will get there i promise
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2011, 10:04 AM
try some olive oil with garlic while you wait for thornit to arrive. i found it really helped with opie's ears.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 10:59 AM
I think next time i am at the vets ( which is very often - at least once a fortnight) i will get Advocate for everyone. Usually use Frontline, however after this Advocate will defo be on my shop list. The vet couldnt use Advocate previously as shes so tiny & light in weight, they have to weigh a Kilo (i think). I know kittens are tiny but this little one is exceptionally tiny hopefully she will catch up size wise as she eats like a horse - wonderful to have good feeders!

If only the Canaural wasnt so messy - its oil based & her lovely white fur round her ears is always yellow coloured, greasy etc when using it ;(

Thanks everyone!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2