View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-07-2007, 07:02 PM
just came accross this thread haven't been on here for a while so don't know the whole story apart from what i've read on this thread and it seems to me Ian that you have a load of friends on here look no further if your feeling down as there seems to be a lot of caring peeps on here! i'm a bit to young to be giving advice on life as i'm only 34 but everyone has their times when they feel down but things will get better, they always do! good luck with everything and keep your chin high.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I'll have to go soon, my other carer comes between 8.30 and 9.00, and I'll have to have a bite to eat, haven't eaten all day, in fact haven't had anything since yesterday lunch time! and will try and have a early night, I was up all yesterday, last night and today up to now, got a awful headache too.
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
SHAME ON ME after all you have done for me, I really should be in touch more, look forward to your next visit to the club, they often ask after you,,,,,I think your fab fay
Thanks Shona I miss the club too but hope to see you soon. After all we have a new addition to the family. Becky has got her new Staffy. He is 1 year old and he is a wee cracker. his name is Deisel and he is black with a wee white bit on his chest. I wasn't sure if the club was off for the hols and jackie is off to T in the Park so they have been a bit busy. anyway see you soon. Hopefully!!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Ian, you've had some fab advice on here from people that care about you. Get some rest, cuddle up to Blackie and you'll feel much better. Pleased to see you're looking a bit more positive at the end of this thread. We're all here for you when you need us. Big hugs xxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I realise that I am the one that has over stepped the mark in this carer-client relationship, I think that she has just been bending over backwards to try and keep things sweet.

She isn't really to blame.

In the cold light of day, I can now see it has been mainly my doing I suppose. I have learnt my lesson.

Thank you all for keeping me on an even keel. You have made me see my mistakes.

Ian
No, no, no, no, no!

She is to blame because she should not have lost her professionalism.

I've been asked many a time for my phone number, where I live, if I can bring my dogs round to see a client, allsorts. You just politely say no or change the subject, etc.
It's never affected my relationship with a client.
She has overstepped the mark, even if it is because she cares, but it has done harm, so DO NOT blame yourself at all.

Oh and Joedee, we can take clients shopping, to the doctors, to the beach, wherever as all our carers have to have the appropriate car insurance (business use and to carry clients) which has to be checked everytime it is renewed. Doesn't cost me anymore to have business use, etc.
Oh and we, or rather I, have to do a risk assessment, but usually no problems with that. You'd be surprised where we take our clients,....weddings, allover the place. I used to take a lovely lady shopping to Sainsbury's and we'd have a coffee and a doughnut in the cafe afterwards.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll have to go soon, my other carer comes between 8.30 and 9.00, and I'll have to have a bite to eat, haven't eaten all day, in fact haven't had anything since yesterday lunch time! and will try and have a early night, I was up all yesterday, last night and today up to now, got a awful headache too.

you naughty boy you know you must eat regularly watch out or Inca will be winging her way to you with a very stern expression & a tickling stick :smt002
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
you naughty boy you know you must eat regularly watch or Inca will be winging her way to you with a very stern expression & a tickling stick :smt002
I know! I'm holding out my hand for a smack I have been checking my blood, and taking my insulin, but it has been high today. Also I couldn't have eaten I was so worked up. I think I might order a kebab, I know it's a bit fatty but what the heck, just for one night.

Ian
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I know! I'm holding out my hand for a smack I have been checking my blood, and taking my insulin, but it has been high today. Also I couldn't have eaten I was so worked up. I think I might order a kebab, I know it's a bit fatty but what the heck, just for one night.

Ian
Order a chicken kebab, the one thats pure fillet, with salad and a pitta, nowt wrong with that..... and yes I have been to get my clients takeaways lol
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Oh well, tomorrow's a whole new ball game.

I better go now, my carer will be coming soon.

Thank you, all of you for your support, it doesn't feel or look as bad as it was when I first came on.

Thank you.

Ian
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Blimey Ian, not eating properly won`t be doing your system any good at all never mind it not helping how you are feeling emotionally !

Please have a read of this - its about diabetes and depression and their recognised link.
Maybe print it out to go through with the doctor *in case* its relevent and might be useful for the doc to consider suitable medications ?
Even if you read it and think `pfffft what a load of garbage`, please take it with you for your appointment ?

http://www.depressionknowhow.com/dep..._diabetes.html

I posted that one because of your thread about how much the restrictions of your diabetes understandably bugs you

I`m not in any position whatsoever to offer advice on the things which are making you feel low hun, I have never been in your situation and all that goes with it, thats why the most I could come up with is that one link so I`m not much help at all I`m afraid
Page 9 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »