Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 04:17 PM

In Pain - Large Boil - Any advice

Hi

Have just had a look through this forum and found info on what to do if suffering from a boil, hot flannel, etc magnesium sulphate etc (gee isnt dogsey a GREAT place)

I seem to have developed one on my head, like under my hair and it honestly feels like an alien is about to explode. There is no "head" to it yet, but it came up vety quickly and is about the size ot tealight. It is SOOOOOOO painful

No chemists open I have been using acne treatment from Tesco but that doesnt seem to be helping either.

It is almost certainly stress related.

Does anyone have any tried and tested methods....I anm happy to try anything, though it is under my hair ( I have medium length hair)

Thanks
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
can you get kaolin poultice ? (that's goin back a few years). don't squeeze it.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Oooo that sounds so painful, I expect you will have to get an appointment at the doctors in the morning, my OH once had one he had to get antibiotics. sorry can't be more immediate help.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I have always soaked a flannel in hot salt water this will help to bring it to a head so the poison can escape. Not to much salt. The old saying is to the taste of a tear. I expect at some time you have tasted your tears they are slightly salty. We all have a good cry sometimes. I do hope it helps because they are soooo painful until they burst. Hope this helps.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 04:27 PM
thanks I have a mug of boiling water I am soaking kitchen roll in just now (yeow...hot hot hot) will go add a little salt.....

I am at docs on tuesday at 5 anyway to see how I am getting on with my stress and anxiety!!!!

Doubt I will gett an appt tomorrow.

It was a wee bit sore yesterday and I thought I must have banged it in my sleep but today it is So sore cant even touch it,
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I had one on my bum so I can sympathise with you although mine made sitting very difficult Luckily it burst by itself but I did need antibiotics for it.
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I had a horrific one a couple of years ago so know how you feel. The magnesium sulphate works but you will also need the antibiotics. Feel better soon.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
can you get kaolin poultice ? (that's goin back a few years). don't squeeze it.
OMG that brings back memories of being up at the stable before school with a flask of boiling water applying a kaolin poultice to my horses cut leg!

I must say, in our house whenever my OH has anything looking angry I always say 'You'll need a poultice on that'.... he soon shuts up lol.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 06:10 PM
ooooh ouch! That's gotta hurt. Heat can bring them to a head, but they've got to be fairly close anyway. If the heat's getting you nowhere then just concentrate on keeping the pain down till a) it goes away on it's own or b) the doctor brings out the big guns In which case get an ice cube on it
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
I had a horrific one a couple of years ago so know how you feel. The magnesium sulphate works but you will also need the antibiotics. Feel better soon.

iv only just recoverd from a abcess on my stomach following sterlization 8 years ago the abcess kept coming and going and not bursting,lots of abs later it came up 3 weeks ago a boy it it hurt,i used magnesium sulphate on a plaster and left it for 24hrs and it went nasty,and i needed 2 lots of abs only now iv another under my arm so i sympthise with you,call doc in mo and explain your in agony and need something asap,the hot flannel will soften the skin and hopefully burst it so some relief,good luck xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >