Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 06:07 AM

Dogsey Daily thread Wednesday

Well the rain returned in the night after one glorious day. Listening to it and to Sweetpea on her morning search for anything remotely edible. She has had a chicken wing and the last of my big boy's food, he came in around midnight, soaking wet.....fast asleep now... Had a reply from the Ombudsman and apparently I have not fully followed procedure so more paperwork today.. Just need to adjust the long letter to fit a different purpose is all. They will try anything to invalidate a claim and be lazy. .. hope all are well out there.. griff, take care...oh Moyra, and lacey.. saw a couple walking across to me holding hands,, aid how lovely it was and she smiled and said 34 years..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Good Morning, hope you have a lovely day today everyone, am aching as usual but must get Amber out for her walk. It is looking brighter out there and Steve has taken himself off fishing. Hope he gets to use his new camera.

Griff hope you and June are much better today and nobody else is suffering. Glad Dillon is ok once he is up and about. God bless all.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Hope the aches ease, Moyra,, we share a boat! Hey maybe Steve will supply dinner! Love fish!

Well in a fit of unusual efficiency I have emailed the council with a formal complaint as the Ombudsman dictates! The letter to them needed very little alteration so that was easy.. So now i can go and get some breakfast! And see what Sweetpea is up to. She has taken to "roosting" on the next to top stair....jut felt a tickle on my hand, looked down and there was one of our huge Kerry spiders... 4inches across... shook it off then sprayed .. the last fly spray I bought kills spiders too, so went out to get AIR! A good picking f kale and peas in sweet wet air..Hoping spider stays away!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Morning everyone. Sunny here today but believe we may get some rain at some point.
Would like it hot and dry for the weekend due to the family being here. Michael and Maca, Mark, Tracey and the two youngest grandsons, George is working Mark managed to get him a part time job in the next shop warehouse in the town. (Harlow).
Today is finish sorting the living room, do the dump, make a birthday cake for Mark it isn't till the end of August but he will be here the week before so he can have it early. Plus a big blitz through the house spare room needs a good sort out. Also erect tent for the boys to sleep in.

griff glad you got your blood test and are beginning to feel better.
June good news your son was able to do some of the heavier jobs. Michael our youngest suggested we leave some of the heavier stuff we are doing till the weekend for him and Mark to do for us. Love my boys.
Moyra hope the aches and pains go away.
Rose same for the spiders.
You will need another house Eileen for all those nappies. I used Terry nappies loved watching them on the line in the breeze. Beautiful and white. Disposable nappies had only just come on the market when Mark was born 1981 and I bought some for a caravan holiday they were awful and he got nappy rash something he had never had. They have come a long way since then. Must admit to being old fashioned and much prefer the terry towelling.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning everyone. Sunny here today but believe we may get some rain at some point.
Would like it hot and dry for the weekend due to the family being here. Michael and Maca, Mark, Tracey and the two youngest grandsons, George is working Mark managed to get him a part time job in the next shop warehouse in the town. (Harlow).
Today is finish sorting the living room, do the dump, make a birthday cake for Mark it isn't till the end of August but he will be here the week before so he can have it early. Plus a big blitz through the house spare room needs a good sort out. Also erect tent for the boys to sleep in.

griff glad you got your blood test and are beginning to feel better.
June good news your son was able to do some of the heavier jobs. Michael our youngest suggested we leave some of the heavier stuff we are doing till the weekend for him and Mark to do for us. Love my boys.
Moyra hope the aches and pains go away.
Rose same for the spiders.
You will need another house Eileen for all those nappies. I used Terry nappies loved watching them on the line in the breeze. Beautiful and white. Disposable nappies had only just come on the market when Mark was born 1981 and I bought some for a caravan holiday they were awful and he got nappy rash something he had never had. They have come a long way since then. Must admit to being old fashioned and much prefer the terry towelling.
Thank you Lynn; was beginning to think the whole world had gone toxic with disposable nappies. when I worked at the children home way back washing real nappies was no great trouble even with the numbers we had. Same here with the critters; bedding is old towels that wash fine. Landfill sites are full of baby s***t... Am sitting here very edgy Lynn re that critter! These are monsters. Hoping the spray will have dealt with it... You are so energetic! I am drained today , Bliss to have a week clear though.. will be trading until end of October then getting ready for the Christmas markets...
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Good morning

Poor you Moyra you seem to be near free of an ache (hugs)

Hope you get a satisfactory reply from the authorities Rosebud but I doubt it.

You have a busy day planned Lynn but don't over do it or yu will regret it over the week-end>

I too used terry nappies and the only time I tried disposable ones the poor lad got nappy rash.

Lovely and sunny here. Teazle walked, washing out and have even cut the climbing rose down a bit so that I can clean the upstairs windows without having to fight it

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Lynn, sounds like you are going to have a busy busy weekend!!! mmmmmm cake, go on then Lol
Moyra, is there nothing that the dr could give you for your pains?
Sue, you go steady cleaning those windows! just reminded me the living room one needs a bit of a clean where kota has had her nose pressed against it Lol
My mum is awesome, saw some trainers i liked...couln't afford them so she has got them for me, i am now the proud owner of some bright pink and black nike air max...fab!!!!
As for nappies, where we live all waste is incinerated so everything gets collected by the council in your domestic waste bin and burnt, the energy generated is then used to heat local buildings including some of the uni buildings, the council house and the cathedral
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Not energetic really Rose having to push myself. Really hope those critters back off.
Rice and potato cake for you griff ? That's a good idea I suppose if everywhere did that it would be much better. Not sure how it works round here.
I think disposable nappies have moved on in 30+ years Sue not sure if I did it ll over again I would use them though . I use to love the compliments from my neighbours about the white nappies blowing in the breeze.
Mind you it was a palarva nappy bucket to soak them and it was a nightmare if the washing machine broke down. Gorden use to have to load the bucket in the car to take them to mums while my machine was repaired. Wonder some days now how I did it all. Was 30 years younger so that helps.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Beautiful morning here, slept in because Cesar's mummy was on the phone till nearly 1am, so missed DAD, was having a read, but it was late by then and my eyes were closing.
Had terry nappies for the first and second, but did use disposable nappies when I was well off, but mainly terry in that case. Like you say Lynn, all the soaking in buckets etc. and then into the washing machine, but we knew no different and disposables were more a luxury item than a necessity like they are nowadays.
My friend's birthday today, she's coming over from the other side of Manchester on the tram, and yes they've changed it all again, she's just rung back that she can get a tram to piccadilly then change and get the Bury tram which will be already there, so not as complicated it was beginning to get at one stage, although I think they may have finished laying all the new tram tracks in Manchester, but not been for ages due to their messing with the trams, so don't know. We're going to the nice pub for lunch, and she's dying to meet Zenith, who is her dog's niece (she has Kaya,one of Mabs sisters)
Right will crack on as not been in the shower yet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2015, 09:55 AM
OOOO o have a lovely day TW..... i bet your friend is dyeing to meet Zenith..sure it is lovely to see you too though Lol
Lynn....errrrmmmm yes, you are right, perhaps i should give the cake a mix. My dinner tonight will consist of potato in some form or other Lol
The incenerator has been here for years and years...long since before i was born, obviously as time goes on they renew it/improve it etc, attached to that is the recycling plant (tip). The pipework for the heating to be run into the town was a massive massive job, that was completed a couple of years ago now i think.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »