Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2013, 05:59 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning gang.
I am a zombie this morning well not literally well I don't think I am unless any walking dead got me in the night while I was dozing on the sofa till 1.30am while Dillon aired himself while asleep in the garden.
I know it was hot but he stayed in most of the evening as we had as many doors and windows open as is possible to cool the house down and it did it was lovely and cool then at 9.45pm he went out I thought good a good night wee wee but no he plonked himself down and stayed out there.
Never mind lots of nanny naps for me today and if I make even less sense than usual you know why.

Jackie I am hoping you and Millie had a settled night.

Helena I am hoping you have an easier day today. I know you have the tele to do so good luck with that and be careful.
jenny glad the haircut went well and that the builders have now left the garden and all can get back to normal.
Good luck with the dress hunt.
Pat there are the Dr.Bach rescue remedies your Niece could try.

I think that's everyone for today if I have missed anyone sorry and the usual (((hugs))) and thoughts to you and family and friends including furry or feathered ones.

Catch you all later in between zzzzzzzzzzzz's no doubt.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Oh what I would give for a nanny nap. I rarely get to bed before 12.30 and then am up by 5.30 and out with Lily by 6am.
Normal work for me today, the elderly lady this morning, hope she is feeling better today as she was being sick yesterday and very confused, then home to walk Lily and off to work till 7pm.
3weeks today and it will be Charly and And Ash wedding day. I still have to try and get to town to find a dress for me and get some bits. I also need to find a dog walker/sitter to come in and feed Lily that day and give her some attention to break up her day.
Pleased to say I started Lily on her antibiotics yesterday and we have had no violent reactions to them, so I can make a note that she is ok with that type if she ever needs them again.

Have a good day all, I think we are forecast thunder storms later and have weather warnings in place for heavy rain. Its still dry at the moment though thank goodness.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Morning Bev I honestly don't know how you are keeping going at the moment. Its one thing having lots to do and you can pace yourself but your days seem so hectic and no time to take a rest.
Glad Lily is coping with the AB's.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Bev I honestly don't know how you are keeping going at the moment. Its one thing having lots to do and you can pace yourself but your days seem so hectic and no time to take a rest.
Glad Lily is coping with the AB's.

I am like a remote control robot

Just trying to find the energy to go and jump in the shower now and wash my hair, even that seems a major task at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm not surprised. Hopefully when the move is out of the way things will start to settle a bit and the new house will bring a more relaxed lifestyle for you.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Morning ladies,

Quite a shock to read that James Gandolfini, star of The Sopranos, has died aged just 51.

Make the most of your lives ladies! Madmare you really should try to slow the pace down a bit or, in my opinion, you will make yourself ill.

Are you getting any help from anyone else at all? Just the occasional time when someone else could walk the dog would give you a bit of a let up.

We did the fields this morning because, as we left, we saw the lady who has a JRT pal of Bella's heading over there so they had a bit of a run around together - but Bella quickly breaks away and comes back to be by me these days.

Was a tad concerned that this lady had a new dog with her - a very young puppy and it was VERY hot and she was throwing sticks for the JRT and the puppy was trying to keep up. It came over to me a few times and jumped as if it wanted picking up. I really wanted to tell her she shouldn't push him so hard at that age and in this heat.

But - apart from language barriers - I know well enough by now that they have a totally different approach and attitude to dogs here. Hell they sell them at 5 or 6 weeks old. Take them out as soon as they get them (well no fun having a ball of fur if you can't show it off eh?) I was glad to see she was turning back after I left. I mean it wasn't as if SHE was doing all that much walking. She was just standing lobbing the stick. If she'd been doing anywhere near the distance the dogs were covering perhaps she'd have realised herself it was just too much. Some dogs will chase a stick until they drop. They don't pace themselves.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Bev I had no idea the wedding was so soon!
More work at royal ascot for me today. I'm so tired, is it normal for your back to ache after a day on your feet? Haha
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
Bev I had no idea the wedding was so soon!
More work at royal ascot for me today. I'm so tired, is it normal for your back to ache after a day on your feet? Haha
Yes it is! Many years ago I've worked Ascot and the other courses for the Tote Board as a building supervisor (also did a stint on the bars for Ring and Brymer). My daughter lasted 2 days working behind the bar during Uni holidays - gave it up saying I'd no idea how much her feet and back hurt and she had blisters and on and on ....

Yeah right Jen, I was doing that 3 days a week and travelling all over the country to get to the courses - until I was pregnant with you!

I'm not sorry she gave it up tho. It's bloody hard work for very little reward. She got a much better job as Ambassador for the Uni and mentoring and all manning the phones for late admissions to Uni.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Pat.
That's young isn't it 51.

Poor puppy it really does annoy and upset me this type of thing. When I was driving through Epping village yesterday on the way to pick Michael up it was 1.30'ish lunchtime I saw two young girls with an elderly overweight black lab with its tongue hanging out desperately trying to struggle along behind them.
Give them their due they were going very very slow for it but why I ask myself is the poor dog out in this heat.
I felt like stopping and offering them a lift or taking the dog home for them and wait for them to catch up but you dare'nt you might get accused of abduction or dog napping.
I just hope the poor old thing was ok after it got home.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Pat, Emma and all

Just had a lovely long walk around the woods, and only met a young lad with a staff, but he was fine he ignored us (the dog, not the man) and that's fine by me! Zena got slower and slower, didn't trot on up ahead at the end of the walk, so I'm still a bit concerned about her, but then it is hot and we'd almost done an hour. She was happy to go in her pool with the ball and have a splash about on our return and seems fine now.

Got wired keyboard on the go this morning, and there I was all ready and waiting at 6 am but nobody was in here. Typical, when yesterday it was my turn and I couldn't blooming type!

Bev, try and slow down a bit as Pat says, you do far too much far too quickly imo, and I didn't realise inbetween all this you've been organising a wedding in 3 weeks Jeesus you really are superwoman you knock spots off me!!

Lynn, sorry you've had a restless night on the sofa, and Zena was the same, she didn't want to come in last night, I had to let her out last thing with the collar and lead on so I could drag her in! I couldn't possibly leave her out there with that nasty badger visiting, let alone the fox. Talking of which, I got some great shots of the fox on the lawn yesterday, and it had the darn cheek to have a wee on my grass It looks about 9 months old which would be about right, but looks very thin

TV for me today, I've googled how to fit that base by watching a video but I kind of guessed that. What I don't know is, because we have this freesat box sat up there and a dish I don't quite know which option I'm gonna choose on the menu when I first turn it on to tune itself in, but I guess it'd be the "satellite" and not the "digital"? Or maybe it is the digital? Heeeeeeelp please Barry if you dare venture in again today!!!

Got to go to B&Q first to get a small ornamental tree for that pot by the front door up there cos being empty, it doesn't look too inviting! Will get a broom too whilst I'm up there cos since Dave last used mine it's gone awol.

Rang the vet yesterday and he said by all means put Zena back onto one metronidazole a day if the half isn't working, so today I will do that.

June, waiting for those glorious pics down by the river when you've managed to upload them

Jenny, so glad you're pleased with the new hairdo, but as for losing a stone in 2 weeks, what about a water diet??? Soup might be good. Dave has lost 4 stone since Christmas, cos during the week, all he eats is soup, ryevita and a banana and porridge each day, and then I stuff him with good food over the week-end, but he's still losing it rapidly.

Sorry, can't remember anymore, but it's so nice to be able to type again, and at least I know it's not the puter playing up, just the keyboard, which is now in the bin

Catch you all lunchtime when I'm half done (in!)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »