Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 05:38 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Got a howling wind out there this morning, but thankfully, it's dry and getting brighter. There's a flurry of activity out in the garden, my little robins are zooming around, to'ing and fro'ing to a spot up the top and I strongly suspect we've got little fledglings up there being fed their breakfast, so I just hope the neighbour's cat is back indoors. Not a good day for taking your first flight though, even if you are a bird

Lynn, good luck with the phone call to the EA this morning and you never know, you might get one from them before you pick up the phone, give 'em hell! I had the very same with mine, they kept me like a mushroom too, and I was the one who had to do all the phoning, they never rang me, and in fact, they turned quite arrogant with me until I got an offer, then things dramatically changed, I was flavour of the month.

Hope all the poorly people and dogs are feeling better today.

I'm off on a turf mission this morning, and I'm going to make sure I find a nice yung mann to put it all in the car for me and again lift it out when I get up to the park to offload it. All that rain yesterday might have washed some of the black mudd off the driveway, but no matter, cos Dave is home tonight and first thing tomorrow, he's going up there to rectify this week's work and do the guttering.

I could kick myself about the plants I bought in Asda yesterday I remember thinking I wanted 5, and then I said to the girl who was putting them through for me, that I think I'll have 6, but when I got back outside and loaded them into a trolley, how many did I put in there? Yep, five!!! They wouldn't believe me would they if I went back today and told them they owed me one and anyway, they were so nice they're probably all gone now, cos lots of people were picking one up. Hey ho, that's how my mind is working atm, it doesn't seem to concentrate on what I'm doing, it's always thinking too far ahead of what I'm doing next lol.

Anyway, off out in the woods in a mo, better watch out for falling trees, either that or get blown off the cliffs if I go up the top.

Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Morning Helena be careful up in them there woods.
It is very blustery here to and has been all night. I thought I heard it raining during the night but the ground is dry so maybe not.
Make sure that yuuung man is there to lift that turf out of the car we don't want any more bad backs.
Have you got the Asda receipt if you have they may believe you.
If I ring the EA today it will be to end the contract and tell them where to stick their board unless we have and offer of course in which case they will of hopefully rung me. They better not get smarmy with me if we get an offer and change direction because I will be telling them what I think of their service offer or not.
Only running one car for a few days till we can get mine MOT'd so I am running Gorden into work this morning then Michael into Epping lunch time for the tube and then pick Gorden up at 4pm from work.
Other than that nothing much on except for a blowy autumnal walk with Dillon.

I hope everyone is ok today.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Morning H, Lynn and all,

You want a nice "Young" man do you H. Well if you find 2 then send one to me I am sure I could find plenty for one to do .

Lynn good luck with that EA I think you have been more than patient with them.

My friend is off to America for 2 weeks this weekend so from Monday I will be caring for the elderly lady she cares for. I am also going to her this morning as my friend has some last minute things to sort out. Then its off to the vets with Lily this afternoon to get that bandage off, so hopefully the woe is me look will stop and that foot will once more touch the ground instead of hanging helplessly in the air.
I have to rush back from the vets to get Charly to the hospital for a scan, rush back from there and off to work. So another busy day.

Hope everyone is alright today. Take care all.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Good morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

A disturbed night for me (and the dogs) as things kept blowing around outside and banging which kept making them bark On investigation there were buckets (decorators), a chair, etc which I assume had been blowing around or over. I also found lots of feathers so I think there had also been a bird murder The dogs woke me up at 6.15. Both in the garden and then back in for breakfast - Rucksack inhaled his as normal, but Flash turned his nose up at his. I've just given him some chicken and he is now sitting patiently waiting for some rice to cook

H you mentioning about your Robins. We have two swallow nests in our barn (we get them every year) and this year a robin's nest too. The day before yesterday we found who we are sure is the female dead just by the barn with one puncture mark on the top of its head. We think another robin will have babies had hatched they'll be dead.

Helena - I hope your day goes well and you get everything done your are hoping to and you find a nice young man ...... (with turf of course ). I've still got to go and buy one sod after cutting a section out of our lawn last week where the paint was spilt. Enjoy your dog walk in the woods, better earlier than later as it sounds as though we are in for some really blowy conditions.

Lynn - I hope the EA have the courtesy to phone you first thing .... even that though is a bit late Enjoy your walk too with Dillon, before putting on your chauffeur's cap for the day.

I started this at 7.10 but keep getting waylaid : cooking chicken, rice, feeding Flash, taking a cuppa in to my OH et etc I'm sure there will lots more posts but I'll read them after I've posted this. Only H and L had posted this when I started.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi Bev - I should have predicted it would be you who had posted I hope you day goes well and dear Lily is healing well ((hugs)).
See you later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning Jenny
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Morning everyone,

Helena, hope you find you young man and the turf of course. Sounds as though you are getting there and will soon be done.

Lynn Enjoy your day driving around and I do hope you hear from the EA.

Bev Sounds as though you are going to have a very busy day today. Hope Lily's foot will be ok.

jenny Yes it was a noisy night with the wind. I too found the remains of a pigeon round the back garden yesterday one of the cats must have had a meal.

Not a lot on today. Just hope Steve will make an appointment with the doc. Have a good day everyone, God bless. Moyra
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Good morning from wet and windy Kerry... Nursing very nasty midge bites on legs so glad to be indoors. Knitting luminous pink today then acid yellow..

Blessings and peace
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena be careful up in them there woods.
It is very blustery here to and has been all night. I thought I heard it raining during the night but the ground is dry so maybe not.
Make sure that yuuung man is there to lift that turf out of the car we don't want any more bad backs.
Have you got the Asda receipt if you have they may believe you.
If I ring the EA today it will be to end the contract and tell them where to stick their board unless we have and offer of course in which case they will of hopefully rung me. They better not get smarmy with me if we get an offer and change direction because I will be telling them what I think of their service offer or not.
Only running one car for a few days till we can get mine MOT'd so I am running Gorden into work this morning then Michael into Epping lunch time for the tube and then pick Gorden up at 4pm from work.
Other than that nothing much on except for a blowy autumnal walk with Dillon.

I hope everyone is ok today.
Morning Lynn, whatever you do with the house will be for the best I am sure, I'm a great believer in fate, maybe you are meant to stay put who knows. Hope your blood pressure stays stable when you ring the EA's though.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H, Lynn and all,

You want a nice "Young" man do you H. Well if you find 2 then send one to me I am sure I could find plenty for one to do .

Lynn good luck with that EA I think you have been more than patient with them.

My friend is off to America for 2 weeks this weekend so from Monday I will be caring for the elderly lady she cares for. I am also going to her this morning as my friend has some last minute things to sort out. Then its off to the vets with Lily this afternoon to get that bandage off, so hopefully the woe is me look will stop and that foot will once more touch the ground instead of hanging helplessly in the air.
I have to rush back from the vets to get Charly to the hospital for a scan, rush back from there and off to work. So another busy day.

Hope everyone is alright today. Take care all.
Morning Bev, another busy one for you there then, and if I am lucky enough to find two, I'll send one of them over, when I've finished with him of course

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good morning Helena, Lynn and fellow members,

A disturbed night for me (and the dogs) as things kept blowing around outside and banging which kept making them bark On investigation there were buckets (decorators), a chair, etc which I assume had been blowing around or over. I also found lots of feathers so I think there had also been a bird murder The dogs woke me up at 6.15. Both in the garden and then back in for breakfast - Rucksack inhaled his as normal, but Flash turned his nose up at his. I've just given him some chicken and he is now sitting patiently waiting for some rice to cook

H you mentioning about your Robins. We have two swallow nests in our barn (we get them every year) and this year a robin's nest too. The day before yesterday we found who we are sure is the female dead just by the barn with one puncture mark on the top of its head. We think another robin will have babies had hatched they'll be dead.

Helena - I hope your day goes well and you get everything done your are hoping to and you find a nice young man ...... (with turf of course ). I've still got to go and buy one sod after cutting a section out of our lawn last week where the paint was spilt. Enjoy your dog walk in the woods, better earlier than later as it sounds as though we are in for some really blowy conditions.

Lynn - I hope the EA have the courtesy to phone you first thing .... even that though is a bit late Enjoy your walk too with Dillon, before putting on your chauffeur's cap for the day.

I started this at 7.10 but keep getting waylaid : cooking chicken, rice, feeding Flash, taking a cuppa in to my OH et etc I'm sure there will lots more posts but I'll read them after I've posted this. Only H and L had posted this when I started.
Morning Jenny, oh dear, that poor little robin, my favourite bird I will never forget the day I decapitated one with a rat trap (unintentionally of course!!!), I cried buckets and it's still haunting me 2 years later It's also a bad omen, a very bad omen, but then I didn't mean to do it, so they haven't taken retribution on me yet. I see lots of them in the woods in certain places, always the same places, and they will always hop on the ground or on a branch close to us and just stop and stare. I like to think it's my old mum, but then I'm daft, reeeeeally daft lol! Enjoy your day after a bad night Jenny.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Morning everyone,

Helena, hope you find you young man and the turf of course. Sounds as though you are getting there and will soon be done.

Lynn Enjoy your day driving around and I do hope you hear from the EA.

Bev Sounds as though you are going to have a very busy day today. Hope Lily's foot will be ok.

jenny Yes it was a noisy night with the wind. I too found the remains of a pigeon round the back garden yesterday one of the cats must have had a meal.

Not a lot on today. Just hope Steve will make an appointment with the doc. Have a good day everyone, God bless. Moyra
Morning Moyra, I hope Steve gets an appointment, the doctor might be able to help better than all those chiropracters and physio's he's been using, maybe a scan is in order just to see what's going on in there, but in his line of work, it's probably just over use, twisting and trapping nerves poor chap. Hope yours is better too Moyra.

Well, had a lovely walk in the windy woods, met the nasty gsd but he saw me and kept him onlead, BUT, when I met him again he was OFFlead, so we kept our distance, and then as he got on the path, he kept him OFFlead as he walked in the opposite direction to us and there was a big bend in the track What if another dog (like Zena offlead) was coming the other way??? This is a shep that lives down the road who will lunge and bark at us from across the road, everybody knows to keep away from him, even the owner has warned us, and I can't believe he did that

THEN, in the big field where the horses are and the little 6 week old foal, I met this man with a greyhound who had let him off to have a zoom around He knew I was behind him when he went into that field, and he saw me move over to the edge to keep out of its way, but my main worry were not only those 3 horses, but the little foal WTF was he thinking?? There are plenty of places for him to have done that, he could have done it in the first field he walked through where there is no livestock - total muppet!!! He eventually caught him and put him onlead so that we could walk on.

Rant over

Waiting for Zena's brekkie to come to room temperature (otherwise she'll chuck it up), and then off on the turf hunt.

Catch you again later around lunchtime when I'm all done. I cooked some mince in the slow cooker last night and that'll be going in the oven ready for when I get back, with some jersey pots and spring cabbage, can't wait, it was always my favourite at school
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Morning all, hope you all have a good day, it's like bloomin winter here again
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »