Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2013, 06:00 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning everyone. Tis me again today I am stepping into the breach as Helena has a rather full and worrying and exasperating day again.
Hope you are all well.

Well what a night here blowing a hoolie all night I am surprised we have fences still up. I was on sofa duty last night we still have to watch Dillon although his paw nibbling is getting loads better he does have a nibble if he gets a chance and we are concerned he may get carried away and undo all the good healing that has gone on. So once we get that out of the way and he settles around 10'ish I settle too. Well he was a bit restless and from 3.30 till 4.30 this morning was in and out the garden sometimes laying down snoozing others just having a wander or turning round and coming back in again. So I am going to need a nanny nap later it may have to be a Great nanny nap the way I feel.
I have to swap sofas sometimes so I can see him and make sure he hasn't gone out for a niblble. He can be very trying. I hope when we start sleeping normally upstairs again he isn't going to keep getting us up.
Walking Dillon house work and waiting to see if we get a phone call about those people maybe wanting to view or anyone else wanting to view hopefully is the order of the day for me and oh yes the Great nanny nap at some point hopefully.

Helena I hope you get better news today and this awful problem can be sorted satisfactorily.
Jackie hoping another settled night was had with Millie and that she is still continuing to improve during the day too.
We hope you pop in today Pat.
Hope things are improving for you CG
Have seen your thread Malka will pop into it in a bit I hope Pereg is improving.
Jenny I hope the shoulder is still pain free.
Ooops forgot Lorraine.
Lorraine I hope your mum is feeling the benefits of the trauma you all had to go through the other day and that they are now able to get the finger treated and on its way to to healing.

I hope I haven't missed anyone else sorry if I have I will catch you later.

Have a safe and nice Thursday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Lily and I are going to have to work something out with this 2 in a bed buisness.
I love the fact she suddenly wants to come to bed with me and I love having a cuddle with her, but last night she seemed to have grown into a giraffe. I was constantly woken every so often with a paw on the end of those long legs in my ear or up my nose, she seemed too big to fit on her 3quarters of the bed and needed my quarter as well. This girl of mine needs to learn compromise and that she can't sleep with her long legs and long neck fully outstretched trying to push me off the edge of the bed that I am clinging frantically too.

Anyway good news my headache seems to be subsiding, bad news my joints and muscles are all aching, even muscles I didn't know I had are aching. Don't think I can blame that on Lily either.

Hope H is ok, I have obviously missed a lot that has been going on but hope it can all be sorted soon.

Lynn glad Dillons foot is getting there. Your right though for the sake of a few more nights with him its silly to risk undoing all the good you have done.

Malka sending you and Pereg lots of hugs.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and all

I hope Dillon's foot continues to improve and that you manage a nanny nap later today.

Sorry you are not feeling so good today Bev. had to smile at Lily in the bed. I take at least two to bed with me and they seem to like to spread themselves as far as possible.

I have missed what is going on with H, I hope that things are sorted soon.

I have another busy day today, my sister, bil and I are going to move my cousins bed from his bungalow to the nursing home, also have to arrange a quote to get the ceilings re-boarded and plastered. OH needs my car at the same time so a bit of juggling around is required.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Lily and I are going to have to work something out with this 2 in a bed buisness.
I love the fact she suddenly wants to come to bed with me and I love having a cuddle with her, but last night she seemed to have grown into a giraffe. I was constantly woken every so often with a paw on the end of those long legs in my ear or up my nose, she seemed too big to fit on her 3quarters of the bed and needed my quarter as well. This girl of mine needs to learn compromise and that she can't sleep with her long legs and long neck fully outstretched trying to push me off the edge of the bed that I am clinging frantically too.

Anyway good news my headache seems to be subsiding, bad news my joints and muscles are all aching, even muscles I didn't know I had are aching. Don't think I can blame that on Lily either.

Hope H is ok, I have obviously missed a lot that has been going on but hope it can all be sorted soon.

Lynn glad Dillons foot is getting there. Your right though for the sake of a few more nights with him its silly to risk undoing all the good you have done.

Malka sending you and Pereg lots of hugs.

Take care all and enjoy your day.
Morning Bev at Lily. Not funny really when they take over the bed but I have this vision of her and you with a paw up your nose. Its amazing how they can curl up small on a sofa or their own bed but not ours.
I hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning Lynn, Bev and all

I hope Dillon's foot continues to improve and that you manage a nanny nap later today.

Sorry you are not feeling so good today Bev. had to smile at Lily in the bed. I take at least two to bed with me and they seem to like to spread themselves as far as possible.

I have missed what is going on with H, I hope that things are sorted soon.

I have another busy day today, my sister, bil and I are going to move my cousins bed from his bungalow to the nursing home, also have to arrange a quote to get the ceilings re-boarded and plastered. OH needs my car at the same time so a bit of juggling around is required.

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri good luck with moving the bed and the quotes for the ceilings. Another busy day for you.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev, Moet and fellow members,

Lynn - If only our dogs knew just how lucky they are and how we go way and beyond the call of duty I think you are wise though keeping an eye on Dillon. For the sake of a matter of days, he could undo all that good work and be back to step one - perish the thought I hope you manage to get your B I G nap - you clearly need it. ((hugs)).

Bev - Your description of Lily turning into a giraffe when sharing the bed with you and having to learn 'compromise' really made me laugh. Thank goodness your headache has gone but not good that your muscles now ache - a real virus Take care, rest if you can and have a good day.

Moet - Another busy day for you but I hope it all goes as smoothly as possibly. I hope your dogs are OK now after the T-towel munching.

Beautifully sunny and mild at the moment but very windy. Looks like we are in store for some heavy rain in a few hours time so I'm off out with the dogs shortly before going to visit my Mum. I'll be back around lunch time.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Good morning all.

Good luck today to Pereg, Malka and Helena. I hope that as the day goes on things get better for you all.

Tried Rosie once on the bed - never again!! She may be tiny, but heck can she roam about the bed and isn't adverse to giving face kisses throughout the night (which aren't even allowed in the day because they bring me out in a rash). Worse still, she's so little that we were scared of squishing her. When we had Sam and Jade and Jade got very ill, they both came on the bed. We never knew they were there - Sam a Border Collie and Jade a medium sized dog. Just shows, it's not always size that causes the problem

What a howling wind last night and it's still at it this morning although some of the ferocity has gone out of it now. I've given up on the wheeled bin. The dustbin men will just have to pick it up off its side.

No idea what we'll do today. If the wind abates a bit more, then the same old. If not, then may do the local walk and get sand blasted on the prom.

Have a good 'un all xxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Morning all, good to see Dillon is settling with his paw, missed whats going on with h, will try to catch up withit, hope she is OK,

Bev, hope you get better soon.

Millie is slowly getting better by the day, Will has changed one of her tablet for a steroid based on, so hopefully that will help her along.

Have a good one folks, xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning everyone. Hope Helena gets her problems resolved. Lynn it must be very tiring trying to keep an eye on Dillon all night. Well I hope you manage to get a nanny nap during the day. Amber is being a bit of a pain lately she is supposed to be on a diet but she sits there wingeing asking for a dentastix. She is only supposed to have one a day but she ends up nearly having a packet of them throughout the day. It is hard to deny her things with her little face and big brown eyes pleading with you.
Malka I hope you got out of your predicament I haven't read back to see what happened after I left here yesterday. Must go and do that. Hope Milly had a good night too. Now I must go and do some reading up. Take care all and have a good day everyone. Moyra
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn, Bev, Moet and fellow members,

Lynn - If only our dogs knew just how lucky they are and how we go way and beyond the call of duty I think you are wise though keeping an eye on Dillon. For the sake of a matter of days, he could undo all that good work and be back to step one - perish the thought I hope you manage to get your B I G nap - you clearly need it. ((hugs)).

Bev - Your description of Lily turning into a giraffe when sharing the bed with you and having to learn 'compromise' really made me laugh. Thank goodness your headache has gone but not good that your muscles now ache - a real virus Take care, rest if you can and have a good day.

Moet - Another busy day for you but I hope it all goes as smoothly as possibly. I hope your dogs are OK now after the T-towel munching.

Beautifully sunny and mild at the moment but very windy. Looks like we are in store for some heavy rain in a few hours time so I'm off out with the dogs shortly before going to visit my Mum. I'll be back around lunch time.
Morning Jenny he is now snoozing after a short walk. He needs a good run over the fields but we have been advised to wait for another two weeks he is getting so bored of the lead walks and around the pavements I keep alternating but he gets bored and wants to get home for his breakfast. His and my body clock are all messed up at the moment.
Well we haven't even got sunshine to go with the awful winds. I hope we don't get rain. If we do I hope you beat it.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Good luck today to Pereg, Malka and Helena. I hope that as the day goes on things get better for you all.

Tried Rosie once on the bed - never again!! She may be tiny, but heck can she roam about the bed and isn't adverse to giving face kisses throughout the night (which aren't even allowed in the day because they bring me out in a rash). Worse still, she's so little that we were scared of squishing her. When we had Sam and Jade and Jade got very ill, they both came on the bed. We never knew they were there - Sam a Border Collie and Jade a medium sized dog. Just shows, it's not always size that causes the problem

What a howling wind last night and it's still at it this morning although some of the ferocity has gone out of it now. I've given up on the wheeled bin. The dustbin men will just have to pick it up off its side.

No idea what we'll do today. If the wind abates a bit more, then the same old. If not, then may do the local walk and get sand blasted on the prom.

Have a good 'un all xxx
Morning Chris they are saying the winds are going to die down later. Fingers crossed don't want you getting sand blasted.
Dillon would be a nightmare on the bed. Max also very big always started off on the bed then moved to the landing but he wasn't a fidget like Dillon.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, good to see Dillon is settling with his paw, missed whats going on with h, will try to catch up withit, hope she is OK,

Millie is slowly getting better by the day, Will has changed one of her tablet for a steroid based on, so hopefully that will help her along.

Morning Jackie. Nice to hear Millie is slowly on the mend.
Enjoy your day.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Morning everyone. Hope Helena gets her problems resolved. Lynn it must be very tiring trying to keep an eye on Dillon all night. Well I hope you manage to get a nanny nap during the day. Amber is being a bit of a pain lately she is supposed to be on a diet but she sits there wingeing asking for a dentastix. She is only supposed to have one a day but she ends up nearly having a packet of them throughout the day. It is hard to deny her things with her little face and big brown eyes pleading with you.
Malka I hope you got out of your predicament I haven't read back to see what happened after I left here yesterday. Must go and do that. Hope Milly had a good night too. Now I must go and do some reading up. Take care all and have a good day everyone. Moyra
Morning Moyra. Those eyes do get to you don't they. Well at least Amber will have very clean teeth.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Chris - The wind is just incredible isn't it, but worse up with you than here - so it must be really bad. I hope Gary is still doing well on the meds. Enjoy your walk if you manage to get out

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Great news that Millie is continually improving - what a huge relief to you both..

Moyra - Hi enjoy your day and walk with the lovely Amber.

I've just given the dogs a quick walk as I'm killing time before I get on the M25 - delays on there which I'm hoping will clear soon.

See you all later.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »