Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2012, 12:50 PM

Cropped ears,

ok ,lets hear it.i did not whant to rob a thread so lets have a chat....my dogs ears are cropped for the hunt,there all rescues ,its a common practice to crop the ear for dogos that are destant to be hunt dogs .the ear as an adult,that is not cropped,usually gets dammaged torn and bit buy the hogs they hunt,as well as cougars,and other animals they are used to hunt.some breedere do this to the dogs they feel are going to hunt,trouble is they dont always make it to the hunt.,some go to the, pet side, of ownership,so we see this,in average pets ,often....iv got three of them.one atvantage of the dog that is cropped,for me,is.when a dog is cropped,it looks alert at all times.it makes you wonder what mood,or state the dog is in.if you where to come to my property you cant tell from a distance if the dog is soft or hard,so to speek.this works fine for me and property protection,is this right or wrong.?i choose a look in my rescues for a reason,i would not have a dog cropped,personaly, is any of it nessesary?...no..will it continue...yes...we all have a desighned dog ,cropping and docking is apart of it,unfortunatly.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
ok ,lets hear it.i did not whant to rob a thread so lets have a chat....my dogs ears are cropped for the hunt,there all rescues ,its a common practice to crop the ear for dogos that are destant to be hunt dogs .the ear as an adult,that is not cropped,usually gets dammaged torn and bit buy the hogs they hunt,as well as cougars,and other animals they are used to hunt.some breedere do this to the dogs they feel are going to hunt,trouble is they dont always make it to the hunt.,some go to the, pet side, of ownership,so we see this,in average pets ,often....iv got three of them.one atvantage of the dog that is cropped,for me,is.when a dog is cropped,it looks alert at all times.it makes you wonder what mood,or state the dog is in.if you where to come to my property you cant tell from a distance if the dog is soft or hard,so to speek.this works fine for me and property protection,is this right or wrong.?i choose a look in my rescues for a reason,i would not have a dog cropped,personaly, is any of it nessesary?...no..will it continue...yes...we all have a desighned dog ,cropping and docking is apart of it,unfortunatly.
One would have to ask the question, that if you were putting your dog into so much danger, as having its ears ripped off, then why put them into that danger in the first place.

i also don't buy the excuse that cropping the dog saves them from injury.

From my understanding there are lots of breeds that have been bred to hunt game/wildlife that don`t have to be cropped.

The crop on the white dog you posted sadly looks like many we see of "home jobs" done on pits and such dogs.......

Where the ears cropped by a vet under anaesthetic ?
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I wish we'd take a page out of the UK's book, and ban cropping of ears. I think it's unnecessarily cruel, and looks nasty. 99% of dogs are done now just for "looks" why would we put our dogs through pain just for "looks" it's cruel!
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2012, 01:13 PM
here is a better look at the cropped look done right.sergicaly, buy a vet.this is a crop done wrong,this was the first day i rescued ea,former drug //thug,dog.its a back yard crop,no vet and mutilated,imo
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2012, 01:22 PM
i dont know who done the crops to my dogs, there rescues.and i also agee with it being unnessasary, lots of dogos on the hunt do not as well,if you look around at the dogo ,on your com,googal dogo images and you will see lots of both.cropped looks hard, and no crop, looks soft.its very popular with pits as well,iv got 2 that are not done,but one of my males,his ears stand up,rare to see this.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
they dont flop and he always looks alert as well.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2012, 01:34 PM
putting dogs in danger?when a dogo is on the hunt that what they were desighned to do.we have been doing it for as long as we had dogs,die hard dogo people, feel that a pet dogo is not the intention and feel that the pet dogo takes away from form and function.slowly dogos are not what they use to be.there changing
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
My personal opinion on both docking and cropping is that if a dog has to have surgery to perform a job, the job is not right for the dog.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
its more about money ,really.. tuff look and i cant remember seeing a boxer ,not docked.where i live.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Ear cropping is illegal in the Uk. I`m happy about that.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »