Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2012, 11:22 PM

How was your day

hellow to all, im getting ready to head off and tuck the kids in,and relax with the pups,its a time i,love the most about my dogs.how about you? ,how do you relax with the dog/dogs you have?is it a morning thing?its a time to reflect on the day, for me, and plan for tomarrow.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-03-2012, 02:58 AM
My doggy day wasn't too bad today... next doors door was calling for me! He was jumping up against the wall barking (probably barking at one of the neighbours cats but I can kid myself can't I) so I went out with some treats and spent an hour or so with him.

Although he is very similar to Rocky in many ways (only major physical difference is he has a pointier face) I remember the last few times that I've seen him, I just thought he wasn't Rocky, and didn't really feel an emotional connection with him (even tho I could see he was a lovely dog).

But after spending time with him today I saw him for himself, his unique characteristics and personality - and no longer kept thinking the obvious.

I guess he's helping me realise that although all I've been thinking about the last few months is finding Rocky, or another Rocky, I probably could bring another dog into my life. When the time is right. (Still missing Rocky too much at the mo).

Sorry if I haven't explained that very well but I know what I mean :/
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 07:25 AM
((hugs)) azz, you are moving on
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-03-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm up early in the morning before work (5am). I just love those summer mornings where I'm out in the fields with the dogs and I hve the whole place to myself with the sun shining on my face.

The other most relaxing time is Saturday evenings where we all chill out with the dogs in the living room (the dogs don't normally get to go in there and we don't use the room much ourselves). The dogs chill out with in front of the fire. And if they're well behaved they get to clamber over us on the couch
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I enjoy our afternoons each day. I take my camera along and I'll take photos of him and nature, shoot videos of his playtime sometimes and just have a good time together on a long walk. We enjoy the wind and the sun and he just lights up with joy each time we go out there. He especially loves the local children we often run into. Nothing makes him happier than tons of little kids fawning over him making him feel like the champion he is. Sometimes I'll sit on a storm drain thingy and we'll just enjoy each others company for a while or I'll jog up a hill for him or something else that lets him run a bit. He's very old and lots of running is kinda bad for him. When we get home, I'll grab an iced tea and we'll go upstairs and he'll get some water and I'll sing to him and read a book or something. The afternoons are the best. At night, it's food time and sleepy time and I'm not much of a morning person at all. It's something I've gotten used to as a stay-at-home doggy caretaker.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2012, 09:26 PM
i have a deep conection to one of my males,bo, he is a pit and quite the gentleman.he is up with me at 5am,we have an understanding and great mornings ,while the others sleep..its a break for me to have one at my side,and i see that they all get one on one with me, i like those times as well.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I feel like I haven't really had time to enjoy my time with Molly lately as usually by the time I get home from work (Currently doing 10 hour shifts) I'm knackered and don't have enough energy to enjoy our evening walks. This weekend has been lovely though - my OH and I took her to a local lake and taught her how to swim. She usually hates water but we played fetch in the shallow part and it was great, she was having a really fun time.

I can't wait until I'm at uni and we'll have more days like this weekend
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 10:16 PM
It has been fairly cold and overcast here today, but hasn't stopped us enjoying our walk.

As Rosie is still a youngster, she throws out new behaviours every day. Today was chasing the pigeons day although she, quite sensibly, leaves the ducks and geese alone.

I love the fascinating journey of watching 'em grow up
and develop.

I think my favourite time with her is when hubby goes golfing. She snuggles up on my feet and we both just chill
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Today Dougal and I spent some time walking through the woods, we haven't been on that one for a while cause it's usually been too dark by the time I get to walking him. But today it's been a gorgeous day and I had plenty time this afternoon.

After we got back he had a bath (first in a while), I was delighted cause for the first time since we got him he actually tried to jump in bless him. I think he likes the sensation of the shower on him and the massage from the shampoo.

After that he celebrated with some absolutely mental zoomies up and down our hall, after dinner he spent time rolling round our carpet...the hoover is going to be working overtime tomorrow