View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 10:40 PM
We sell CSJ dog food at the shop, which is all labelled "For working dogs" but the protein level varies from 18% to 27% depending on what type of CSJ you buy.
My lot are all on 20% protein. I have lurchers, a greyhound, a collie x and a staffie and it's labelled "working dog food" but it isn't just for working dogs. They're all doing well on it. As Helena says, sometimes it's labelled that way to avoid VAT .
GandalfTheGrey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-09-2011, 09:55 AM
@ Zoe1969.

I have to Grey's and a Collie x Spaniel.

One of my Grey's has to have no cereals, and gluten free food. What variety of CSJ would you recommend? and where and how quick could I get hold of some?

Regards

Andy
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 09:58 AM
If you want cereal free food then you can get

JAmes Wellbeloved grain free
Fish for Dogs
Orijen
Acana
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post
We've just been told that our new rescue EBT (who we are picking up Sunday) has not been walked very much due to the owners recently separating, but she has been fed working dog food, which is apparently high protein, so she is very hyper. So, I'm just wondering what we should feed her when we get her?

Storm gets Simpsons Premium - Salmon & Potato, which is 25% protein and he also has AG Partners and ND tinned/pouched food mixed in with kibble. Would this be ok to feed our new girl?

I'm not sure which working food she has been fed, but I will try and find out.
How's she getting on?
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
How's she getting on?
She's getting on fine thanks. She's calmed down a lot and even though Storm and her aren't best friends, they are getting a little more used to one another.

She's had a fair few fish oils this week, which is probably helping make her calmer too and she's currently eating a mixture of Autarky Salmon and AG Patners wet food and Naturediet.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Awh that's good. Hopefully they will soon be best buds xx
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
@ Zoe1969.

One of my Grey's has to have no cereals, and gluten free food. What variety of CSJ would you recommend? and where and how quick could I get hold of some?

Regards

Andy
Email the company direct. They are very happy to give advice and send out samples. You can order it straight off the website or i think there is a list of stockists
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Hope she's settling in and the exercise is helping with the hyperness (is that a word?)
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
@ Zoe1969.

One of my Grey's has to have no cereals, and gluten free food. What variety of would you recommend? and where and how quick could I get hold of some?

Regards

Andy
Sorry Andy...just seen this. CSJ do Lamb and rice wheat and gluten free. It's good food. It does have maize and oats in it though. Are your dogs ok with this? Best thing to do is email Ceri Rundle at ceri@csjk9.com She's really helpful and can advise you really well. Guinness is ok on the above food and he has dodgy guts. His poos are nice and firm. He's also ok on CSJ Natural Champ which is really cheap. You can order it online (and it's not just for working dogs ) x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2