View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Buddy had a lovely walk with Milly last week. They were like an old married couple inter-mingling and yet ignoring one another on their walk.

Then up came 2 little mates off lead and Buddy without a 'I'll huff and I'll puff' greeted them like long lost relatives!

Buddy was told off on several occassions by one of the Jacks and he didnt flinch, just took it on the nose ... we were so proud of him. Buddy are you becoming an easy peasy terrier!

Buddy would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. He is currently in boarding kennels.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-08-2010, 09:20 PM
An update from Fran, one of our walking volunteers:

"Jonny my son walked Buddy today and he was as good as gold. He enjoyed sitting and getting treats from him. He walked really nicely with Dior and Milly. Lets hope his forever home comes soon as he so deserves it.

Buddy would benefit from some TLC in a foster home until his forever home comes along. He is currently in boarding kennels.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Jilly is kindly fostering Buddy until his forever home comes along. Here is her update:

"

I would like to introduce you to my new friend Buddy. He is modelling his new collar and harness which was bought the other day. He is very good with me and is learning to trust others. He is learning on walks to not over react to other dogs. Buddy will become a perfect companion to someone. Buddy just asks not to be rushed but given the space time and love he needs so he learns to relax. I truly believe Buddy will get there with the right owner.

Buddy must go at Buddys pace but it is so worth it when you allow him to do it. He sits and cuddles now it took a week but boy what a moment.

Every day with Buddy is a learning experience to what makes him happy. He loves his bed, and his furry cushion. His teddy bear and all his toys. He loves going for walks but not too far. Just sits on pavement and stretches paws out to object when he has gone far enough. Loves the garden.

Rolls over for tummy tickles and loves his cuddles. Every day he relaxes a little more. Seems very content in home. Does not like other dogs too near him but will walk with Rex as long as he walks behind him. Still not sure about some people but is a joy and so loving if he is your boy. We are working on his confidence as I think he is just incredibly unsure of the world outside his room. He is scared of several things but we work daily on this.

To me as with Polly and Karen and Janet and Christine he is a gem. When he loves you he really loves you. He so deserves a chance with someone who is willing to love and understand him and not rush him".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Buddy, patiently waiting for his forever home to find him. He has been with us in rescue since August 2009 - well over a year without a home of his own!

Playful Buddy in the garden!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-11-2010, 09:21 PM
An update from Jilly, Buddy’s foster mum:

“Yes a big thank you to Polly for looking after Buddy while I was away. Tried taking more photos of him today, but he hates the camera - don't know why, but eventually got some.

Buddy is really ready for his new home. Yes he has his issues, but if you are his main love like Polly, me and others he is so loving and such good company. No he does not want to live with another dog, but is just like a jealous boyfriend who wants to be your everything”.

Buddy seems to have so relaxed in the last couple of weeks. He is so loving and just wants cuddles all the time. He loves to play and as seen by photo below he loves to take his pillow and take all the stuffing out. I constantly re stuff it when he is not looking. He must think it is the most stuffed cushion in the history of mankind!

He does not destroy anything else just this cushion which he loves and sleeps with.

I think Buddy just takes a while to understand you are not going to hurt him and you will love him - warts and all. I still think he would make a brilliant "one woman and her dog" pet, but you will never know so much love as the Budster kisses and cuddles. Really lovely to see at last him relaxed and happy.

The Budster caught in the act”!

Buddy is currently in a foster home patiently waiting for his forever home to spot him … could it be you?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Some lovely new pics from Buddy’s fosterer, Jilly:

Buddy enjoying the snow this morning. He loves the weather, but says he is so happy not to be in kennels at the moment. He also says, “where is his forever home”? “He's ready for his new home now” he says?

If you are interested in re-homing Buddy please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-12-2010, 09:13 PM

Buddy will always be our Buddy.
Sadly his nerves unsettled him in moments, we thought we could judge, but those nerves ran deep in places even he could not understand. Today we said goodbye to those nerves. Our dialogue with him is now based on trust. The currency of our deep and lasting friendship with Our best Buddy is the gift of loving kindness.

R.I.P. Buddy, run free to the Bridge.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4