View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2021, 04:14 PM
In passing my mother would have been 104 today had she lived. She suffered with dementia in her last years so perhaps just as well she isn't still suffering!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Would it be better if you had a chat with your Doctor Moyra ? Can you phone or email them and ask their opinion ?
I do not know for sure only what I have read and it seems to be people allergic to Penicillin and who need epipens .

If you are well enough to have it you should.

Photos posted so hopefully a .lovely surprise for my niece and Peter.
Had to pop into Tesco for a few bits as my Ocado delivery not arriving till Sunday and I was glad to get out of there.
Thank goodness I do not make a habit of visiting. Such selfish people about.
The guy on the door so cheerful asking how I was was before I entered the store, I asked after him and he was saying the amount of people getting uppity about not being allowed to shop together unless they are disabled and need another person with them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2021, 04:40 PM
Thanks for asking your daughter Brenda... good we are all on a level playing field
Mum was asked about immunosuppressants so she asked about the consequences... apparently it just won't be as effective...I am getting it anyway
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2021, 05:41 PM
I'm allergic to penicillin but the doctor said not to worry. So was given it. I also have other problems but again nothing to worry about. Don't listen to him it is your choice but yes if worried ask your doctor. They will offer it to you again if you request it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2021, 06:49 PM
My brother in-law is also allergic to penicillin and also has ongoing chemo and immune support for his pargets etc he had his jab apparently this is not gospel but if you use an epi pen that's the guiding factor for having Oxford or alternative he has it no issue my Aunt 103 or is it 104 now and two aunts 98 and 96 have had it also no effects bar one said she had a tired arm but she is 5ft nothing and weighs about as much as a bag of sugar.

Moyra I think you need to make your own decisions based on medical advice not ours or Steve's. Phone your doctor Monday and say you panicked following advice/concerns.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Interesting brenda and Kazz and griff.
There you go Moyra get in touch with your Doctor and go by their guidance.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Lol...add my mum to the allergic to penicillin list and she's on some immune suppression stuff too. I am allergic to surgical steel and the last 2 jabs I have had I have ended up with a golf ball sized solid lump, I am still going for it, I am sure he won't mind me saying but both myself and Harvey have/ are having chemo..... Harvey had his jab and I will all being well get mine tomorrow.....I will only listen to a medical professionals opinion on why I should/ shouldn't have it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I am at work at 5am so out for 4.20am tomorrow,

Yes there were a few times when I had to do the same, TBH I hated it Please drive very carefully when you go out tomorrow, even a thin 1 mm layer of ice can cause the tyres to spin.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2021, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I am scared because I do have allergies.
It was Steve of course who said NO! He is running my life.

Surely it's the doctors who decide if you have allergies that prevent having the jab. I don't think Steve is qualified to make those decisions.

Talk to your GP and no one else !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2021, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
both myself and Harvey have/ are having chemo..... Harvey had his jab and I will all being well get mine tomorrow.....I will only listen to a medical professionals

Just to confirm that yes I hve been on chemo and my consultant virtually ordered me to have the jab as soon as it was offered to me.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2