Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
I am quite looking forward to the independence.. especially when it comes to the TV remote

Aw I can imagine that must have been awful your mum is definitely right in saying it was a double whammy!

Dogs really do help don't they? I've pushed so hard to find a flat that would allow me to take Molly because I know I couldn't hack it without her!

Haha I do feel very lucky to have found somewhere in my price range! Thankfully Leicester is a big student city so there are lots of cheap flats around My flat has worked out even cheaper than living in Halls so I'm quite chuffed about that!

I'm going to uni but I won't be in halls or shared housing because otherwise I couldn't have taken my dog with me! So I'm in a flat on my own unfortunately Although I am quite looking forward to the independence it'll bring, I'm just worried about being all on my own.
Wow, that is good -- more often than not it is the other way around.

After a few weeks when you get settled in, you honestly won't remember what you were worrying about. You WON'T be on your own, because you will have Molly and dogs are the very best kind of company.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Wow, that is good -- more often than not it is the other way around.

After a few weeks when you get settled in, you honestly won't remember what you were worrying about. You WON'T be on your own, because you will have Molly and dogs are the very best kind of company.
Yeah, I thought so! Although all of my friends appear to be paying extortionate amounts to stay in halls so perhaps things have just got more expensive this year!

And thank you for being so reassuring, it's really helped! And you're right, I won't be alone because I'll have Molly with me. If I'm not already a mad dog lady I'm sure I will be one by the end of uni
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 11:06 PM
I love having my own place. Love it even more when hubby's away or on duty It's so nice just to have a place to yourself with nobody else to have to consider. I've found it very difficult the last 6 weeks being back at my parents house.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
I love having my own place. Love it even more when hubby's away or on duty It's so nice just to have a place to yourself with nobody else to have to consider. I've found it very difficult the last 6 weeks being back at my parents house.
I can imagine it'd be tough going from living on your own to living back home again! My boyfriend recently had to do it when he finished uni and he's not enjoying it one bit I am quite looking forward to just having a place all to myself.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
I get the keys to my first ever flat on Thursday and I can barely sleep for worry! Ever since I put the application form in I've been worrying incessantly about everything and anything that could go wrong.

The flat is near to a very busy main road and I keep worrying that Molly is going to get out the front door somehow or I'm going to drop her lead when we're outside or someone will break into my flat and let her escape and she'll run across the main road and get killed.

Someone please tell me I'm worrying about stupid things that will never happen in a million years? Is it even normal to worry this much?!
First of all, yes, this is normal!

Secondly, don't panic, you will be fine, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. You are thinking about the sensible things, so I am sure that your dog will be perfectly safe and you have lots of folks on here to come to for advice if you find you are getting overwhelmed.

Thirdly, don't do what I did, get everything you need and then realise when you want to open a tin of beans on a Sunday night when all the shops are closed that you neglected to buy a tin opener....
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
First of all, yes, this is normal!

Secondly, don't panic, you will be fine, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. You are thinking about the sensible things, so I am sure that your dog will be perfectly safe and you have lots of folks on here to come to for advice if you find you are getting overwhelmed.

Thirdly, don't do what I did, get everything you need and then realise when you want to open a tin of beans on a Sunday night when all the shops are closed that you neglected to buy a tin opener....
Thank you And thank you for the advice on tin openers! Unfortunately I cannot even open tins that require tin openers because I am feeble and generally rubbish however, I have already packed my little ring pull gadget so I can open my beans and soup
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2