Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2012, 02:31 PM

Joey is a small terrier 16 weeks ...

20-06-12 Joey is a small terrier boy who is about 4 months old. He was dumped at a pound but no one was interested in adopting him. His last day came but luckily a doggy angel took him to his home and then asked for our help. Joey is a typical, happy little terrier.... he has lots of energy and will benefit from training and would love an active home with a secure garden.

What a happy little soul Joey is. Don't let those whiskers fool you, he might look like an old boy but he is a puppy through and through. He loves to play and run around. He is very inquisitive and is always on the go looking for new things to smell and play with. He has settled without a whimper at night from the start and is happy to be left but this may be down to the calming influence of my dogs. He is clean at night and is mostly clean in the house during the day if he has easy access to outside! Joey loves his walks and knows his name although last night the lure of a good roll in something invisible but very smelly was too much to resist. At nearly 5 months he's a small JRT with maybe a touch of westie hence the ears and long fur. Doesn't seem to have any hang ups although he has on occasion got a bit snappy when I have taken something off of him that he shouldn't have. Just like a child who has had no boundaries in place he is doing what he wants to do. But he is a bright dog who wants to be friends. He has been firmly told no and I think he will soon learn that this is unacceptable. He is fine with older children 8+ years who do not tease him. He would be best with a slightly older female dog to have as a friend to play with and when he has been neutered he will be a perfect companion.

BEING FOSTERED IN STEVENTON, OXFORDSHIRE
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2012, 12:16 PM
04-07-12 UPDATE
Well Joey has been with us for 10 days now and what a little character he is. He loves to play with my younger JRT, running up behind him and nipping his tail to get his attention. He is very inquisitive and determined to get what he wants hence his new found skill of pulling storage bins out to get to something interesting! He loves his toys and ball although doesn’t understand the fetch game yet. He is a quick learner and has learnt his name and to sit on command - his love of food definitely helps his training. He is great in the car – I had him in a crate and he didn’t make a noise once, even when I left him for 10 minutes. He had his second injection the other day and didn’t even flinch – such a brave lad. I think he will stay a small JRT but with a big personality. This little boy deserves a home with a big sister to play with so don’t pass him by.

BEING FOSTERED IN STEVENTON, OXFORDSHIRE
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Aw how gorgeous is he I hope Joey finds someone special to love him very soon...
ukpaul
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-07-2012, 09:16 PM
aww home he gets a new home soon
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 09:38 PM
he looks a real little character bless him........
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 11:24 PM
I can't understand why this lad is being overlooked. He looks to be a wonderful boy who just needs a family to love.

I'm pretty sure he'll find his perfect home very soon xx

Good luck, baby when you do find your new family