View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 01:34 AM
anyway this is SSSSSOOOOOOOO far off topic it's not even funny anymore! so lets just put an end to it eh?
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
???? what is your problem? I just posted saying I don't meen to come across as an a*se, but here you are gettig all high and mighty! wtf all I was doing was voiceing my opinion in a polite way as the rules of this board tell us to! and here I am again getting attacked by another member!
I don't have a problem, but I will defend myself and state facts that I believe to be correct. I was voicing my opinions too shame you decided to take offence to them.

And this wasn't an attack on me?

lol this makes me laugh! before I start I want you to know I love all dogs breed or type lol but the way Nicci jumped in when the olde tyme bulls where brought up! lol priceless!
Fact - I didn't jump in anywhere incorrect facts were given, I corrected them - wouldn't have mattered wether the OTB wasn't my breed I would have still stated the facts as I believe them to be true.

oh and by the way the height was changed in 1987 as the point of measurment was moved from the shoulder to the withers
Errrm yes I know read my previous posts - height was not dropped in 1987 it was still the same only difference is the way the dogs were measured, but no drop in height in 1987. The 1948 standard is practically the same as the 1987 standard, it was re-worded not re-written
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 01:54 AM
a dogs shoulder is lower than its withers! so it's height was affected by this re-write!
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 01:59 AM
now just drop it eh! lets just agree to disagree and move on! Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans!
timjim
New Member!
Male 

15-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
In my opinion you should breed to the standard if you don't like the standard then don't get a stafford.
that is probably one of the stupidest comments i have ever heard !

i to prefer the taller type stafford (18 inches at shoulder) and i own one he will be 11 this year and has never had a single health problem in his life and is still very very active,every single kc standard staffie i have seen that has managed to reach this age has been no where near as healthy as mine is now and he would rings around many kc staffs alot younger than him, why should somebody tell me i have to have a dog that is to the standard someone else likes, temperement is far more important to me than anything, and reef has been the ultimate dog for me and has been the ultimate dog for my daughter as we got him the day after her first birthday and they are still inseperable to this day
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by timjim View Post
that is probably one of the stupidest comments i have ever heard !

i to prefer the taller type stafford (18 inches at shoulder) and i own one he will be 11 this year and has never had a single health problem in his life and is still very very active,every single kc standard staffie i have seen that has managed to reach this age has been no where near as healthy as mine is now and he would rings around many kc staffs alot younger than him, why should somebody tell me i have to have a dog that is to the standard someone else likes, temperement is far more important to me than anything, and reef has been the ultimate dog for me and has been the ultimate dog for my daughter as we got him the day after her first birthday and they are still inseperable to this day
well said mate!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
In my opinion you should breed to the standard if you don't like the standard then don't get a stafford.
I quite agree, and lets be honest half the people criticising Staffords bred to standard don't actually own KC registered Staffs they own cross breeds.

The more I read the posts of some people with none registered Staffs (the sort of people who call KC registered dogs bred to standard 'fat little pigs' although this comment seems to have been edited out now ) the less sympathy I have for those caught up in 'of type' dangerous dogs debate.
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I quite agree, and lets be honest half the people criticising Staffords bred to standard don't actually own KC registered Staffs they own cross breeds.

The more I read the posts of some people with none registered Staffs (the sort of people who call KC registered dogs bred to standard fat little pigs) the less sympathy I have for those caught up in 'of type' dangerous dogs debate.
i think it was only one person who criticised staffs bred to the KC standard and it was the same person who made the comment you quote above, that member has now been booted! so half of the people criticising staffords bred to standard own cross breeds? and you back these claims up with what?
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 08:53 AM
a dogs shoulder is lower than its withers! so it's height was affected by this re-write!
The way the dogs were measured was re-written thats all no drop in height mentioned so I still presume as it's written nowhere that a KC Stafford could still stand at 14-16 at the shoulder, where does it say they cannot
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
The way the dogs were measured was re-written thats all no drop in height mentioned so I still presume as it's written nowhere that a KC Stafford could still stand at 14-16 at the shoulder, where does it say they cannot
let me try one last time!
Q) dog A stands 16" at the shoulder and dog B stands 16" at the withers. which is the taller dog?

A) dog a is taller

it doesn't say that a dog can't stand 16 inches at the shoulder but if it did it would be around 18" at the withers and outside the KC bred standard!

sorry but thats the last time I'm talking about the standard with you on this thread, I think we have gone on far to long as it is!
Page 16 of 27 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »