Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 02:13 PM

Any ideas welcome...........

Well for the upteenth time I have wiped down my Hallway Cladding......which is white(stupid I know with 4 Dogs)
The cladding continues to get grubby with the oils/dirt from the dogs coats as they walk pass/lie down...when raining it is worse..............has anyone any ideas as to what we could put on the walls?

Have tried different paints but with continuous wiping they do rub off/fade. Then tried cladding but that is wearing thin!

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2009, 02:24 PM
If you find the solution, please let me know!

Interesting about the cladding as that was something I was thinking of...I guess not now.

I suppose tiles would work quite well, but not sure how to make that homely/cosy.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 06:09 AM
I was going to say a diamond eggshell, but you've probably tried that. We put that in our kitchen because it will take a wiping down. I suppose it also depends on what you're wiping with, as to whether or not it strips the paint of any lasting qualities it had.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Roxy - bless her dear departed greasy bum - used to leave marks where she leant against the wall. It's emulsioned, so always wiped off. However, I can't bring myself to wipe the last lot away just yet.....
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Roxy - bless her dear departed greasy bum - used to leave marks where she leant against the wall. It's emulsioned, so always wiped off. However, I can't bring myself to wipe the last lot away just yet.....

What's diamond eggshell Pat?

Actually, what's cladding?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Mine`s just glossed - it seems to cope. I slap another coat on every now and again.