Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Last nights ten pin bowling!

Well, went bowling last night and did ok - not great though!

Didn't get any strikes. But got a few Spares!

When I was aware of what position my wrist was in, that was when I got the Spares! Got lost in the moment a few times though, but I didn't get that many gutterballs!

Our team didn't win but we weren't last either, and we all had a fab time and that's what matters!

Thanks to Vicki, Jackie and Suze for the tips!

On the downside though, I have possible food poisoning/gastroenteritis and I feel absolutely horrible, just about managing to type this from my bed. You all know or can guess the symptoms...Not at all pleasant. Thing is, I am never ill (touch wood ) and when I do get ill it floors me!

I couldn't even keep well-diluted orange juice down this morning, or water! I've managed to drink 2 glasses of diluted orange and a glass of water in the last hour or so, and thankfully, it's staying down! The thought of food is turning my stomach and, reluctantly, i'm snacking on a packet of Special K Mini-Breaks. Fingers crossed....!

We had the choice between a curry and a burger - I chose the burger. I've been in the restaurant before and it's always been nice, but that was when it first opened though.

Most folk had the curry, which was dreadful and many didn't eat it. The pita breads smelled like they had been in a tank of petrol! Some folk went and got chips from the chippy across the road! Complaints were made to the manager and they brought out new pita breads - they said it was the amount of garlic in them!

The burger was so-so and it tasted ok, albeit a bit too well done! The chips were fine. I ate all the chips and 3/4 of the burger and felt fine for the rest of the night.

We got more than half off the bill!

We went to a lovely wee pub after it where we met a 12 year old Norfolk Terrier and a 7 month old Patterdale Terrier Cross who was adorable! She's a Dogs Trust dog an had been in kennels for 4 months! How nobody wanter her I will never know. She had the most affectionate nature and was very well behaved and friendly - a complete joy.

I sat on the floor with her when she put her paws on my shoulders, tail wagging and wanted to sook in! She came up and lay in my arms for ages, sound asleep!

So, after a good night, I am not completely floored and hoping I get over this bug, or whatever it is, soon!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 03:56 PM
So pleased you enjoyed your evening. Told you the straight wrist would help
Sorry that you're feeling rough though. Hopefully it will just be a 24 hour thing and pass soon. Try flat ginger ale to settle your stomach, Canada Dry or something similar. The ginger is very good for an upset stomach. Get well soon. xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks Jackie.

I knew that flat lemonade is also good, didn't know about the ginger beer though! I've just texted my gran to get me some as she's getting me the lemonade!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Thanks Jackie.

I knew that flat lemonade is also good, didn't know about the ginger beer though! I've just texted my gran to get me some as she's getting me the lemonade!
My mum has always sworn by it for us. Schweppes do it as do Canada Dry etc and you should be able to find it in any corner shop! Nice with whiskey too...but only when you're feeling better
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 04:16 PM
It's definitely worth a try going by the way i'm feeling just now!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2008, 04:24 PM
It's definitely worth a try going by the way i'm feeling just now!
I know, it's awful to feel like that. Hope you get some relief from it soon.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Jackie,

I think the Canada Dry Ginger Ale worked a treat! The sickly feeling definitely eased off since I started drinking it, feeling so much better today and managed to go to my work! Thanks for the tip, one to remember I think.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Jackie,

I think the Canada Dry Ginger Ale worked a treat! The sickly feeling definitely eased off since I started drinking it, feeling so much better today and managed to go to my work! Thanks for the tip, one to remember I think.
That's great news! So pleased it worked for you. It's something to always have in the house just in case. It's definitely the ginger that helps. One of my mum's great tips! xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
That's great news! So pleased it worked for you. It's something to always have in the house just in case. It's definitely the ginger that helps. One of my mum's great tips! xx
Excellent tip and well worth remembering! It's actually quite nice as a cool, refreshing drink on it's own, too.

My gran likes a G & T.....she asks do you know if it's nice with a gin as well?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Excellent tip and well worth remembering! It's actually quite nice as a cool, refreshing drink on it's own, too.

My gran likes a G & T.....she asks do you know if it's nice with a gin as well?
It is, I quite like it on it's own. My favourite is with whiskey, not sure it would be nice with gin. Whiskey, ginger ale and a slice of lime is lovely though