View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 06:54 AM
I would say that was a waste of time, as 99% of puppy owners will simply not be interested, in my experience, as they will be "pet" owners. This happens to most breeders, I am not saying that you will not produce anything with potential for the show ring but again that is the point, no puppies are EVER sold as show dogs as it is not possible to be sure at that age how they will turn out and there have been some spectacular mistakes by very experienced breeders who have kept the "wrong" puppy and seen a littermate sold as a puppy do a lot better.
Selling a puppy with the implication that it can win at a later date is very dangerous and best avoided! By all means talk about her show results but with the proviso that it doesn't mean that any of the litter will do that as well, or better .....
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

25-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi Deccy/Lottie

Think that it has changed and now if its an Open Show the judge is only obliged to write a cit on the dog who is first and merely list the names of second and third.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,

Don't worry Deccy, I'd never sell a pup as a show dog purely! I've heard of so many people paying more for a 'show dog' when it turned out not to be and personally think it's wrong anyway!

Well, we got chucked today, but we entered mainly as practice anyway and we had fun and practiced so that's the main thing!

I'm not too disappointed and T is knackered bless her!! She was such a good girl, but by the time it got to her class it had taken a lot out of her as it was unbenched and I didn't have a crate.

Buying a crate for our next one!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 05:39 PM
most open shows are unbenched, sorry we should have warned you. Glad you have a nie day thats the main thing.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 07:19 PM
it's ok, I was aware it may have been unbenched! Aware, just unprepared!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
it's ok, I was aware it may have been unbenched! Aware, just unprepared!!
If take Maddy's travel crate I end up having to get in there with her! She's worse in than out!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I can see T being like that so as soon as I have a crate we'll be doing regular sessions of her being in it while I'm there and in it while I'm not to get her used to it! She used to be crate trained but only uses her crate in the car now so isn't quite as used to it!

We're going away more now though so need to get her crate trained for holidays. Eddy's fine out of the crate and will lie on the floor but Takara's destructive when she's in a strange place and likes to get in bed with me when we go away
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Well after 18 long month Maddy is ok in hers in the house, about 60% of the time she is in it. But out of the house she is a nightmare, like the other 40% of the time she is in it in the house. Basically if she's knackered she will go in and sleep,or scoffing summat, then she wants to be in so no-one can pinch her goodies! But otherwise she doesn't take kindly to being in there at all.

Dusty on the other hand likes being in hers more than she likes to come out!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2007, 09:52 AM
haha, isn't it funny how some dogs just don't take to it. Takara only used to get shut in when it was bedtime if I shut her in to sweep up or eat, she'd chew on the bars!

But in the car, she adores it, she hates car travel unless she's in her cage, then she's happy to relax.

I'm sure T will get used to it. When at shows and ringcraft she doesn't like the boys approaching her when her back's turned and stuff so I'm sure she should be much happier in a crate (and she's a lot better if there's a cover over - do you cover Maddy's?)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2