Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janem8895
New Member!
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Aludex Wash Treatment success?

We have 2 Jack Russells with Dermodex mange, what a problem. Our vet has prescribed everything going & still no real success, so now have just got Aludex wash to use.
We understand how potent it is, but as yet have not seen any postings about a successful result.
Does it work, because we are very dubious about it, especially as we have spent a fortune so far with no final result.
Interested to hear of any dog owners similar experiences?
GoldenGirls
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Our Golden Retriever Lola was a year old when our vet perscribed Aludex for her demodex.
Due to its potency it is important you follow the strict instructions on its use. We stood Lola in a baby bath in the garden to apply aludex because of the fumes. After a few washes weeks apart i started to see results, her hair was starting to grow back. It worked for us and now Lola is fine. I do however always keep her advocate up to date which also helps with demodex problem.
It is not pleasant but try and stick with it use a mask,apron and rubber gloves. Good luck!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Years ago my dog had Demodex.
Aludex did absolutely nothing, as did other treatments.
In the end she had 1 injection of Ivermectin, which worked.
But I believe you have to be careful which dogs Ivermectin is given to?
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Aludex usually works well for demodex in dogs, but it takes time and repeated applications over 2-4 weeks and it needs to be applied throughly and left on as directed.

Advocate can stop it building up but doesn't work against a well established infection.

Demodex mites can only be killed in certain life stages, with other immature larvae still in the blood stream that can be activated later, triggered by hormones (such as pregnancy when the immature blood-borne larvae can be passed to the puppies in utero) or stress, so the condition can reoccur again later.

Ivometic should not be used in collie type dogs, including beardies.