View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm sure you'll have him back on the straight and narrow before you can blink. He's lucky to have found you. I'm sure in a couple of months he'll be a completely different dog. We had issues with Dingo and our degus but we got there in the end. He's a sight hound so his prey drive is sky high. You can do it, I have faith in you.

Welcome to Dogsey Boomer.

Heidi
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 01:06 PM

I have to ask, are you a Galatica fan by any chance?

J
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post

I have to ask, are you a Galatica fan by any chance?

J
You could say that
My Degu are called Starbuck and Apollo as well. I thought Boomer was a good dog name, and the girlfriend didn't know Boomer was a galactica referance so i got away with it

A quick update on Boomer, I'm taking him to the vets today as his feet are covered in cysts and he's limping a bit. I took him to a nature resrve last night and he cut his mouth to shreds by diving in a bramble bush and chewing the brambles, as he didnt flinch at this but he's limping with the cysts i assume it must hurt alot! The rescue center have already given me antibiotics for the cysts but i think its better to be safe than sorry. He had his first few hours alone and was great, no damage to the house at all, and bearing in mind hes a big chewer im pleased with that! He's also getting used to the Degu, he'll happily stare at them for hours but a sharp "No" when he gets too close and he sits back down. He's starting to figure out that sitting and laying down get him lots of things.

Saying all that, the little sod did run into the living room, grab my salmon dinner off my plate and run straight out again without stopping. I wanted to be annoyed but it was done so skillfully i have to admit i was very impressed really!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
You could say that
My Degu are called Starbuck and Apollo as well. I thought Boomer was a good dog name, and the girlfriend didn't know Boomer was a galactica referance so i got away with it

It's obviously a cunning cylon plan to take over your starship/house.

A quick update on Boomer, I'm taking him to the vets today as his feet are covered in cysts and he's limping a bit. I took him to a nature resrve last night and he cut his mouth to shreds by diving in a bramble bush and chewing the brambles, as he didnt flinch at this but he's limping with the cysts i assume it must hurt alot! The rescue center have already given me antibiotics for the cysts but i think its better to be safe than sorry. He had his first few hours alone and was great, no damage to the house at all, and bearing in mind hes a big chewer im pleased with that! He's also getting used to the Degu, he'll happily stare at them for hours but a sharp "No" when he gets too close and he sits back down. He's starting to figure out that sitting and laying down get him lots of things.

Saying all that, the little sod did run into the living room, grab my salmon dinner off my plate and run straight out again without stopping. I wanted to be annoyed but it was done so skillfully i have to admit i was very impressed really!
Hope he starts to feel better soon, but really if you leave salmon down for him you can't be surprised when he takes it gave me a laugh anyway.

J
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Hope his feet improve soon. Maybe that's why he doesn't like to walk on grass, it might be a little prickly. Boomer sounds like a right character.

Heidi
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm sure you'll get there, given time. xxxxxxx Good luck and he;s a lucky boy
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, Boomers vet vist could have gone better! He has an ongoing skin condition, an ear infection and the cysts on his feet are apprantly quite serious. Lots of tlc for this boy, i seem to pick the ill ones!

Afte todays vet bill thats £600 on two dogs in 2 weeks, but they are worth every penny. While i had Boomer at the vets, she informed me that Jakes ashes were in. I must admit, i totally lost it when i got outside, more so than when he was pts. I'm glad he is back in the house now but having him back like that brought it back and made it very final. I'm sure alot of you have been in the same situation!

While i'm here though, here is a picture of Boomer at last!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
Well, Boomers vet vist could have gone better! He has an ongoing skin condition, an ear infection and the cysts on his feet are apprantly quite serious. Lots of tlc for this boy, i seem to pick the ill ones!

Afte todays vet bill thats £600 on two dogs in 2 weeks, but they are worth every penny. While i had Boomer at the vets, she informed me that Jakes ashes were in. I must admit, i totally lost it when i got outside, more so than when he was pts. I'm glad he is back in the house now but having him back like that brought it back and made it very final. I'm sure alot of you have been in the same situation!

While i'm here though, here is a picture of Boomer at last!
GOD I think I am in love - sorry mike its not with you - its definetly with gorgeous Boomer !!!!

What a smile xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what are the cysts then ??
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-07-2008, 08:24 AM
"what are the cysts then ??"

Isn't he pretty? And had his first house clean day yesterday, not bad after 4 days! He is also learning to play dead, i guess i'm bobarding him with training at the minute but he seems to enjoy it

As for is cysts, they are just interdigital cysts probably caused by his sweat galnds on his feet playing up, but i hadn't realised just how swollen his actual toes were, they are very swollen, but not knowing the dog i hadn't really noticed. The Vet has doubled his antibiotics and given him some foot wash for after walks and some anti inflamatorys as well, I think she has it covered!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Aww He's looking Great and I love his name!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >