Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nikkala31
New Member!
Female 

22-06-2008, 10:34 PM

help

Hi can you please help i have a friend who bought a Lhasa Apso puppy october 2007 and the breeder said that the papers have not come through yet. My friend paid £500 for her new wee puppy who she just loves to bits regardless of the papers but she has contacted the breeder again as she found out the same bitch that produced my friends puppy had became pregnant again and had more puppies feb or march 2008 i know that a reputable breeder would not allow this to happen, Anyway she has given my friend the name of the kennel club where she regestered her puppy Clargies kennel club in london, my friend asked me to look this up and i found nothing any help would be apprieciated.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I've never heard of that "kennel club" either.. Some people are setting up these registers as a substitite for registering with the Kennel Club, for different reasons. As The Kennel Club will only register a certain number of litters per year per bitch, and won't register puppies from a bitch over or under a certain age, puppy farmers and back yard breeders can get around this by creating bogus registration organisations.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Hmmmmm - sorry no help here, but not looking to good is it!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Id expect the pups to cost more as well. My registration came back in 3 weeks.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Just had a look, and the Kennel Club's Head Office is at 1-5 Clarges St, Piccadilly, London. Could this be what she means? However, I don't really see why the papers wouldn't have come through. If you register the litter as soon as it's born, you have plenty of time to sort it out - it comes within a few weeks I think? Fingers crossed for your friend, but it's a ridiculously long time to be waiting...
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I hope you manage to get things sorted out with your friends papers.

Heidi
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Do you know the name that the puppy is supposed to be registered as. If so you could see if anyone has the KC magazine for the last quarter of 2007 or first quarter of 2008 & the registratio of the litter should be in one or other of them. It is possible to phone the kennel club & ask their advice but be warned it has to be during the day & there are often long delays when phoning & using automated system to get to the right department
nikkala31
New Member!
Female 

23-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Do you know the name that the puppy is supposed to be registered as. If so you could see if anyone has the KC magazine for the last quarter of 2007 or first quarter of 2008 & the registratio of the litter should be in one or other of them. It is possible to phone the kennel club & ask their advice but be warned it has to be during the day & there are often long delays when phoning & using automated system to get to the right department
I called my friend this morning and she is calling today, she says she does know the name her puppy is supposed to be registered and she knows the parents registered names too, but between you and i i dont fancy her chances i dont think her puppy has been registered but i do hope she is. yhanks again.x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Good luck to your friend, but it doesn't sound positive - sorry.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Keep us posted. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Heidi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >