View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Poor Sam...... hope there's an improvement very soon.....

x0x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Just a quick up-date on my boy.

The wound is still very bad. We had two days of excessive limping and were just about to call time. We changed the bandage and it was covered in green gunk and had slightly stuck, but, even though still horrific, the wound looked ever so slightly better. As soon as that bandage was changed, the limping stopped and he was much happier in himself.

We are changing the bandage daily now and the gunk is getting less, but it's still coming out.

The abs ended yesterday, but after another look tonight, I've decided to call through to the vet again tomorrow to see if a second week of this particular ab might just clear out the rest of the infection as it does seem to have had a better effect.

Whatever happens with the meds, we are going to examine the wound carefully over the next week or so to see if it improves. If it does - YAY, what a relief, if not - time for that awful, dreaded decision.

Keep those vibes coming please.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Still sending vibes! Hope he is okay x
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Stil sending oodles of vibes to Sam. Fingers crossed for a daily improvement x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:43 AM
More positive vibes for Sam heading his way from us that the wound will heal quickly. Good idea changing that on a daily basis and also a very good idea to keep the ab's going to clear all of that infection. Georgie has been on ab's for 3 months for an ear infection that was very deep and he's old too, but they worked. All the best, hope you can help him get through this poor boy, he's a little soldier isn't he, bless his old heart.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 07:29 PM
All the very best of luck for you and Sam, it does look a little more positive now doesn't it and I agree that another course of the abs would not come amiss.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 08:21 PM
His vet has prescribed another 2 weeks to start with, but has said we may be looking at more after that. He's also given him Tramadol which can be taken as well as the Rimadyl for extra pain relief.

He is limping again tonight, but his bandage had slipped earlier so I'm hoping it was just that that has caused him more discomfort and it will ease off again after a good night's sleep. He's a bit quiet tonight, but that may be the effect of the first Tramadol dose tonight - it does warn that drowsiness can be a side-effect for the first two or three days.

Bless him, I just wish there was more that we could do for him until it starts to heal
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Big big hugs and lots of positive vibes from us, really hope it continues to improve xx
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5