Our sister sites
Our sister sites
strawboss
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-10-2005, 01:58 AM

Another sad story....(cruelty to dog)

The story of that poor dalmation was still fresh in my mind when I came across
this , at least someone's going to jail for this one!
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Agr7rQN...dspetdachshund
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Horrid....
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2005, 08:05 AM
I haven't looked at this link and I'm not going to, because I don't know if it is just me or if other people are the same, (we all abhor cruelty to any animal), but when I see or read things, I just cannot block them out of my mind.

For days now, when I wake up I see the poor Dalmation (Spot, who was those people's much loved pet), for most of the day the image creeps back into my mind's eye, when I go to bed I dream about it.

I was driving to Norfolk the other day, it's two and a half hours from where I live, half way there, I stopped and got some food in the Co-op and happened to see the Sun newspaper, well, I shouldn't have, but I felt compelled to read it and yes, once I'd cashed out at the till, as soon as I got back in the motor to drive the rest of the way, I started to cry, I NEVER cry, only where animals are concerned, it's a wonder I made the second half of the journey without hitch as my eyes kept welling up, as if they were not under my control.

Whenever I see or hear anything terrible, regarding animals, (never people, I'm ashamed to say) this always happens to me, sometimes, it's days, weeks, before I can stop the image coming into my mind.

I know I sound like a loony, but I just had to offload this secret. Sometimes I think that I'm going mad, not being able to forget.

Is it just me ? or does it affect anyone else like this ? I've always been the same, even when I was a little girl, so I suppose I won't change now.

Sorry to have gone on about it, but I feel a bit better having got it off my chest.

Regards
Radar (Jill)
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Jill, I totally understand what you mean as I get upset and re-think images I have seen and it is very upsetting. I feel the same way

I do make myself see these articles though, even though I know I will get upset by it, just because I think I ought to know what goes on in the world and if I can help stop these things just by signing a petition for example then at least I've done something to help.

It is very hard to take seeing stuff like this, but if we all club together perhaps people power can snuff this cruelty out once and for all. I was pleased to read in The Sun that the laws are to be tightened as a result of the petition they raised.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
I haven't looked at this link and I'm not going to, because I don't know if it is just me or if other people are the same, (we all abhor cruelty to any animal), but when I see or read things, I just cannot block them out of my mind.

For days now, when I wake up I see the poor Dalmation (Spot, who was those people's much loved pet), for most of the day the image creeps back into my mind's eye, when I go to bed I dream about it.

I was driving to Norfolk the other day, it's two and a half hours from where I live, half way there, I stopped and got some food in the Co-op and happened to see the Sun newspaper, well, I shouldn't have, but I felt compelled to read it and yes, once I'd cashed out at the till, as soon as I got back in the motor to drive the rest of the way, I started to cry, I NEVER cry, only where animals are concerned, it's a wonder I made the second half of the journey without hitch as my eyes kept welling up, as if they were not under my control.

Whenever I see or hear anything terrible, regarding animals, (never people, I'm ashamed to say) this always happens to me, sometimes, it's days, weeks, before I can stop the image coming into my mind.

I know I sound like a loony, but I just had to offload this secret. Sometimes I think that I'm going mad, not being able to forget.

Is it just me ? or does it affect anyone else like this ? I've always been the same, even when I was a little girl, so I suppose I won't change now.

Sorry to have gone on about it, but I feel a bit better having got it off my chest.

Regards
Radar (Jill)

Hiya Jill,

Yes I know how you feel because I feel exactly the same ( I can't feel the same compassion for people either so don't be ashamed there are a lot of us about) I don't know what goes through their evil twisted minds when they commit this sort of act but I wish something or someone would stop them for good. I think the problem is that children who aren't brought up with animals in their lives because their parents think they are dirty or disgusting have never had the pleasure and love that an animal can bring and it makes them cold hearted human beings. I can't believe that anybody who has ever had a family dog could commit such a crime. I see children at school who shy away from Benji as if he is something that has just crept out of the sewer rather than a cute white friendly fluffy dog who is everyones friend. Their parents don't like them touching dirty dogs so they grow up thinking dogs don't feel pain because they are just dogs so perhaps some of these children are tomorrows pychos who commit unspeakable acts against dogs and other animals simply because they have never had the love of an animal because their parents haven't allowed them to.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Foxy,

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head there.

I would gladly tear these people limb from limb with my bare hands.

To be honest, (I know this will probably stir up some anger, but it is my opinion) these kind of scum are worthless and we'd all be better off without them in this world, I'd have no qualms in bumping them off whatsoever.

The only consolation is that IF they are caught and IF they go to jail, the prison inmates, even the hardnuts (no offence meant to anyone) hate anyone who has done anything to old people, kids and animals, and they usually dole out their own kind of justice if they find out what someone is inside for.

Come to think of it, there are loads of kids who don't like walking past Mick and he's as daft as they come !

Having said that, there was a little girl around the corner, (about 7 or 8 she was), who, without a second thought, came running out of her garden the other day and flung her arms around Mick's neck and hugged him for all she was worth !!

I didn't mind, because I know that he's fine, but I did tell her that she shouldn't do that because she went to do the same to our Benji, who John was holding, but we stopped her and told her that she had to be careful as Benji was a Battersea Dog and explained to her that not all dogs are like Mick and don't mind people hugging them, some wouldn't think twice about biting her.

We told her that she should always ask the owner before launching herself at dogs.

Hope all's well with you all, how is Benji's scratching ? I hope it's cleared up a bit.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Hiya Radar,

Yes Benji is scratching again He went to the vets a couple of weeks back and was on the usual steroids but now they have worn off we are back to scratchy Benji again I just bought some Burns dogfood yesterday so I am hoping there might be some improvement because I have heard a lot of good things about it.

As for what I would do to these people well just read the thread about what punishment would you give a couple below this one. I don't believe in human rights at all - if the human has done something really bad then he should have no rights at all - a dog has only to bite once and his life is took away from him but humans can just plead this silly human rights rule and get away with murder literally - it makes me sick
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears

Regards
Radar (Jill)
EXACTLY how I feel radar I just can't bring myself to look any more, I am still thinking of the poor dogs shady was talking about yesterday in the other thread about what punishment would you give, it haunts me for days and days
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Why do the animals get caught up in petty arguments between people
Its not fair
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2005, 01:59 PM
All too often animals are used as some sort of 'control' between feuding couples

What goes round, comes round
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >