Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2009, 03:08 PM

Smeags took an awful knock on Monday

She was running with Mea in the park, they were having a great time dashing around like looneys, I had the two boys on the leads.

Smeags stopped to look round for Mea who was running at full speed towards her, Mea crashed into Smeags's back leg, the poor soul was howling dreadfully, she could'nt put her paw down on the ground for 4 minutes.
I thought I was gonna have to carry her back to the car but she slowly started to walk behind me limping slightly.

The first thing that entered my head was "Crutiate", It was the sort of impact that causes this type of injury but thankfully she's made a full recovery.

She was running about like a looney again this morning with Mea in hot pursuit, what can you do ? you can't wrap them up in cotton wool can you.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-02-2009, 03:53 PM
My oldest ruptured hers just running across the field in the snow about 5 years ago ... she's all recovered but now I just can't bear to let them off when there's snow.

I know I'm paranoid but i'd rather them miserable for half an hour than miserable for 4 months.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
bens bad hips where caused by a play session with a french bull mastiff puppy.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 04:42 PM
glad all is well, I guess when you have two or more running together these things will happen now and then,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
So glad she's made a full recovery, it probably looked worse than it was, as you say when they are fooling around it can happen but I prefer to risk it rather than have them on long lead all the time.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Poor Smeags, but so glad to hear that it just seems to have been a bad knock with no consequences.

As you say, you can't wrap them up permenantly in cotton wool - well you could try, but what a miserable life they would have.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
glad she's ok now - you must be relieved!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Poor Smeags. But your so right, what can you do. I've had this with Bruce and Skye he's really bowled her over a few times. Knocks the wind out of them too.
Glad she is better now though
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Glad Smegs seems better today.
Its always Katie who get the hurt legs from playing, I don't know if she moves differently to the others or just because she goes mental doing her zoomies more often. , But touch wood she always stops liming after a rest.
But your heart is in your mouth thinking are we off to the vets this time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Glad to hear Smeags is better now, like you say you can't wrap them up in cotton wool. I worry about Ollie and his legs especially as he is now suffering with joint problems.
But I still let him run and fool around if he wants he knows his limits I hope.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >