Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
its not a bad idea, I suppose I could try making him a wee barked area in his section and then putting the get off crystals all over my path. Honestly he is such a wee git because he used to just go on the lawn and we had mud and dirt all over the rest of the garden so he went on the lawn and now we have the bark and the path and thats where he wants to poop and the lawn in clear !!!!

it looks good - 3 guesses what I am building this weekend !!!
Honestly, try it!! It's so nice to sit out in the garden and not smell piss!! Hahaha ;o)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
NOOOOOOOOOO we are putting slate down at the end of our decking !! so I am basically just providing new toilet space for my mutt !!!!

i swear I am closer to buying one of those butt bags then !!!
on the bright side, if hes pooing on the slate, he aint doing it in the bark...

I gave up on my garden years ago, with four rotten rotties, not only do they crap a ton a day each, but they tend to dig up anything I put in there to grow.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Honestly, try it!! It's so nice to sit out in the garden and not smell piss!! Hahaha ;o)
yes we have the aroma of poo....
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
on the bright side, if hes pooing on the slate, he aint doing it in the bark...

I gave up on my garden years ago, with four rotten rotties, not only do they crap a ton a day each, but they tend to dig up anything I put in there to grow.
luckily he doesnt dig ............yet anyway.......
Lupus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2009, 02:45 PM
this thread is rather amusing..but can i say...i tried the get off crystals, didn't do a darn thing!!! it actually encouraged the dogs to toilet in that area! i would just settle for training him to go somewhere you don't mind and keep him away from your new path for a while...we actually got so fed up of trying things with our garden we have now just re-seeded the whole thing down to grass with big heavy pots on the patio for some colour! it's not much help sorry
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Lupus View Post
this thread is rather amusing..but can i say...i tried the get off crystals, didn't do a darn thing!!! it actually encouraged the dogs to toilet in that area! i would just settle for training him to go somewhere you don't mind and keep him away from your new path for a while...we actually got so fed up of trying things with our garden we have now just re-seeded the whole thing down to grass with big heavy pots on the patio for some colour! it's not much help sorry
Agree, Get Off does not work, we had to go back to basic toilet training with him, but it IS worth it in the end ;o)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Agree, Get Off does not work, we had to go back to basic toilet training with him, but it IS worth it in the end ;o)
well i bought the get off and also a spray that does a similar thing so have today sprayed the while area and put the crystals down - however i have also made a little boc full of bark ( idea courtesy of Pidge) for him to specifically for little man to poo in,,,, so here is hoping.......

and he will be taken out on lead for the next few toilet trips and made to poop there .....pray for my 8 yr old dog learning new tricks !!!! or else i will go mad !
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Good luck!!

You can teach an old dog new tricks ;o)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh dear,
well at least you have other areas in your garden to sit. All we have is a postage stamp patio, that is my garden and the dogs toilet, not too bad in the winter, but not nice sitting out there with the smell of poo and piss. the poo I can pick up but the piss any ideas? I use Jeys fluid every other day but the pee pee seeps into the little bit of soil I do have then when the sun comes out .....phewweeeee
Elaine xxx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm sure the re-training is the safest, best option. Anything else would involve thorny stuff, and that's not clever with a young child too.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I'm sure the re-training is the safest, best option. Anything else would involve thorny stuff, and that's not clever with a young child too.
the butt bag is looking more and more appealing !! LOL
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >