Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 01:57 PM

washing verticle blinds Question

I have the ones you can unclip and wash ....now when i had them fitted the fitter said they are better hand washed although it says they can be machine washed at 40

my door ones are looking grotty I have soaked them but they haven't come up that well anyone machine washed them before ???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:04 PM
No, but I wouldn't like to risk it in the washing machine!! Don't they have those small chains all along the bottom? If they broke, they might get caught up and damage the drum in your machine? (Been there with a horse's girth!) I'm sure they would get a bit "crumpled up" in the process too? What about using say Flash liquid to clean them by hand? Biotex? A small hand held scrubbing brush along with the Flash maybe?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
no helen it all comes off all i am left with is a material strip ..it says wash at 40 on a gentle spin then hang immediatly

i do have a few spares so i might just give it a go
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
depends on what they are made of, give it a go on a wool wash with just a couple of slats and see what happens,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I think I may have done this in the past, I have distant memories of creases which never came out???? It's the material that's the problem, it sort of marks it in creases that don't disappear even if the creases do, if you know what I mean???!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
depends on what they are made of, give it a go on a wool wash with just a couple of slats and see what happens,
its in ..... i am only doing one slat in a fast wash that is a low spin i have a bed sheet in there as well and i have put the slat in a pillow case

its just the one slat really the one next to the door it gets splashed with mud as the crew run through
I guess if it ceases i can run a warm iron over it ..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I think I may have done this in the past, I have distant memories of creases which never came out???? It's the material that's the problem, it sort of marks it in creases that don't disappear even if the creases do, if you know what I mean???!
i have found the spare so if it all goes tits up then i can hang the new one LOL
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Mum had these, she used to wash and cool iron them, they always looked good afterwards.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:24 PM
You've given me inspiration now Inca, I'm off to wash my lounge curtains which I haven't done for a year!!! They're that faux suede stuff but it says I can wash them in the machine - let's see!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Mum had these, she used to wash and cool iron them, they always looked good afterwards.
machine wash you mean ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >