Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 06:09 PM

White dogs are a no no

Just walked Hollie - nothing unusual there!

She growled and was upset at each white, or white in them, dog, there were more than usual - nothing unusual there!

In fact, tonights walk no different to any other. My point is show her a white dog and she gets upset. I know the reason. She has been attacked twice by white, or mainly white, dogs and now has a problem with them all.

She growls initially at all dogs but darker colours she settles enough for me to be able to chat to the owner if I want.

Poor Hollie - such a misery at times!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Aww poor Hollie - I'll send my Benji for a visit she will love him - he wouldn't know how to fight if his life depended on it he's such a softy
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 07:10 PM
She can come and play with Mollie...The word Sap was invented for her!!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 08:35 PM
my old dog was just the same.

he hated white boxers, i dont know why but it was the only time he showed any aggression.he would go out of his way to have a go at one so i'd have to be on my guard just in case.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Storm never had a thing against one colour but really did not like rotties and i have no idea why not the only one he met close up was when he was a pup it was friendly gave him a sniff and went on its way. But with any other dogs Storm was as good as could be but turned into a totally different dog when he saw or come across rotties on his walks or in the park.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Interesting.......
My friend has 3 pedigree (all White) bull terriers that are very friendly with other dogs( one of them is always at mine hogging the sofa & playing with Alfie N Daisy!!!)and he says that very often he encounters other dogs showing agression towards them whilst out walking them,I wasn't sure if it was a combination of the fact that they are white (sounds stupid really doesn't it) and because of the breed that they are,but he is convinced its their colour (he has had coloured types of this breed and hasn't encountered this,weird huh ?