View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Again another sad situation sad, tragic for the child , absolute disaster for the dog and breed.. having seen and read about it, I understood that the dog was tethered as it was not particularly well behaved & it liked to roam.. apparently the tethering was a recent thing as its behaviour had detiorated?!?!
Have to say I saw loads of bull breeds and bigger dogs out today and all the owners I spoke to were happy and relieved that I didn't drag my son off in the other direction as quick as I could, saying that they are already being challenged, abused and avoided as a result of the recent press coverage..

Rachel
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
top story tonight, was a 4yr. old getting attacked in Hampshire, by a bulldog, and they had them live on the tv showing the child's face all stitched up!!!! Apparently, that attack was because they took it's muzzle off to feed it and it went for the child!
Interesting that this was reported as an irish staff bull terrier in our newspaper - yet a bulldog here - wonder what kind of dog it actually was ???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 12:10 PM
At the end of the day Dani, they don't really care what dog it is do they as long as it makes a good headline - for them!!!! I suppose any dog with the word "bull" in it would be called a bulldog coz they're ignorant enough not to know the difference!

Whilst posting, I noticed a man walking down the High Street this morning with a gorgeous rottie on a lead, and I looked across as ya do, just admiring the dog really coz it was a nice example, and the glare he gave me was unreal, as if he was thinking I was incriminating (sp?) him for having a rottie, so I smiled sweetly at him - hope it worked! Oh dear.....
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Whilst posting, I noticed a man walking down the High Street this morning with a gorgeous rottie on a lead, and I looked across as ya do, just admiring the dog really coz it was a nice example, and the glare he gave me was unreal, as if he was thinking I was incriminating (sp?) him for having a rottie, so I smiled sweetly at him - hope it worked! Oh dear.....
It is hard not to get paranoid and a bit defensive where ignorance of any sort is concerned.

I'll reckon your smile did do the trick though
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
It is hard not to get paranoid and a bit defensive where ignorance of any sort is concerned.

I'll reckon your smile did do the trick though

Helena54 Did you egg him? NO did you give him verbal ? No hes a mean man. if peeps look at my dog i do not glare at them, this is not (on his part ) helping rotts if the owners are aggressive, will IMO just add fuel to fire
:smt018 silly man its at times like this rotty owners should put there happy freindly face on and not rise to the bait (no that you were baiting him )
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5