Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:05 PM

Yet another attack in my area today!

Just listening to our local news, yet another attack by a rottie on a 2yr. old boy in Chichester, West Sussex. Somebody attacked the dog with a hammer It has now been put down
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:09 PM
wtf is going on
i think we can kiss goodbye to the wonderful rottie, very very upsetting, stupid owners
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Omg I can't believe that this is happening with another Rottie - surely it can't be right all these Rotties suddenly attacking kids
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I know, it's all so sad The reporters are going out of their way don't forget to find out about any rottie attacks now though. This was HEADLINE news on my local South Today programme tonight. This 2yr. old is in the hospital in a bad way, but managing to eat. I will listen out on the other channel later and see if it's headline news on there too. All this publicity I think will be the downfall for the poor rottie I fear
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 05:26 PM
But the media always close in on dog attacks Helen when done by Rotties,GSD's,Dobies,Mastiff's etc etc-what about the other breeds which bite people day in day out.They dont make headlines cause they're seen as friendly Labradors or crosses and the headlines wouldnt be sensational with Border Collie savages child.

I find it quite sad that the humble Rottie is being tryed by media.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:30 PM
The only thing that's ever bitten me is a Westie It's disgusting the way the press sensationalises it! When will people realise that the biggest part of the problem is irresponsible owners, nothing to do with the breed of dog.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
But the media always close in on dog attacks Helen when done by Rotties,GSD's,Dobies,Mastiff's etc etc-what about the other breeds which bite people day in day out.They dont make headlines cause they're seen as friendly Labradors or crosses and the headlines wouldnt be sensational with Border Collie savages child.

I find it quite sad that the humble Rottie is being tryed by media.
Well said. If I remember rightly didn't same thing happen before... 1 story led to many all over the place... I've even heard of reporters "winding up" the dogs to make for a "better" picture... not sure if thats true or not but wouldn't surprise me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Just heard some more now on the other local news. The child was in the garden, the dog was tethered up, but could roam around the garden, the grandmother was shouting and screaming as the dog was savaging the 2yr. old (sorry but that's the way they said it!) so this workman grapped his hammer, put on some thick gloves and went in there. The dog was coming for him he said, but he hit it on the head with the hammer and it backed off!!!!!!! OMG!!

Yes Steve, that's exactly what I said, the media are going out of their way to find any attacks by these particular dogs now, coz it's headline news! Such a terrible, terrible shame.

However, I don't like dogs tethered up!!!!! It makes for a viscious dog imo!!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Rotties are safe, Defra will not ban the rotties, they say these are isolated incidents...News tonight..
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Im watching the ITV news right now Helen and they are doing a piece on dog attacks past & present.Its the maggot news industry i despise cause its them who make the situation 10 times worse by continually using pictures of aggresive Rottweilers when potraying them and exagerating peoples fears.

DEFRA have issued a statement saying that despite the recent Rottweiler attacks-they have no intention in changing the current law because the vast majority of Rottweilers pose no problem.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »