Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=shaza;761615]
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i can take bruno into the local paper shop( where he gets a biscuit from owner- and due to this drags me in their even when I dont want a paper just to get his biscuit)

That made me giggle
thing is is quite embarassing as quite often I come out with no money so I couldnt go in the shop as woudl have nothing to even buy a penny chew !! The guy just waves at me when I go past the windo if he sees me beign dragged in his general direction....
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Again apart from PAH and other pet shops. I havn't tried our post office but doubt they would have a problem with it, our local texaco garage loves Roxy coming in, and she gets lots of pats on the head by people who are queing up to pay for fuel.

We dont go to our local pub (its awful) but again the guy who owns it is really nice and I have seen dogs in there before.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Garden centres expecially the family run ones never had aproblem taking the girl there.

Karen
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 10:42 AM
i used to take diez everywhere with me and nobobdy ever said i couldn't take her in i remeber taking her to the indoor market who allow dogs in if they are on leads,they have this shiny floor and in i went heading to the pet stall and diez just lay down she wouldn't budge,she stayed like that for about 5 mins until i gave in and picked her up the lady at the pet stall was killing herself laughing at this large staffy refusing to walk and being carried around:
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by kiwijan View Post
Two of our local pubs are fine with us taking Jonah in but they prefer him to be on his lead. Most shops that don't allow it usually have a sign on the door - I know B&Q don't let you take dogs in - but just take pot luck - they can only ask you to leave! Cocking the leg is the problem unfortunately!
Don't talk to me about B&Q, I had a row with the Manager in our local branch once when Poppy was a puppy. She was inbetween vaccinations so we were carrying her anyway, but despite them not displaying a "no dogs allowed" sign on the door, they still wouldn't let us carry her through to the garden centre.

Comet at Robin Park in Wigan loved Poppy and made a fuss of her, but after the incident with B&Q we didn't bother trying anywhere else.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2006, 12:18 PM
With our own dogs we can go in local banks and pet shops and some local newsagents, that's about it.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i can take bruno into the local paper shop( where he gets a biscuit from owner- and due to this drags me in their even when I dont want a paper just to get his biscuit)
Blackie does that too, although he is off lead. He runs about 50 yards ahead of me and sits at the door, which is open but he knows he hasn't to go in until told to do so. He also sits at any other shop door way, including chemist and the hairdressers.

Ian
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi,
Mine quite often come to the chinese,indian & kebab shop with me I normally only take 1 of them though but they have never minded & the lady in the chinese feeds them crackers They also come in the one-stops especially Amy as 1 of the managers loves her & they have been to the pub a few times with us Also the greengrocers down the road if they arent busy & all the independant pet shops around here let dogs in along with jolleys.

sarah
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 02:49 AM
Other than the pet shops & the out door market I've never tried anywhere I just automatically assumed they wouldn't be allowed so always wait outside whilst my partner goes in. Maybe I should start asking people there policys just to find out.

They go on the bus & train too, however trams don't allow dogs (don't know why) bit of a pain really as I don't drive & where I live the tram is the main form of transport.

My sisters boyfriend took their CKCS in to Kwiksave once on his knee (hes in a wheelchair) & no one mentioned anything.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-09-2006, 07:06 AM
PAH are fine as are other petshops. Local pub is ok too ... oh and the lass that cuts my hair gave me a row for NOT taking Jake in, he always gets a fuss there.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2