Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:17 PM

Where can you take your dog?

Hi all
Just wondered where we are and are not allowed to take our dogs?
Hadnt thought about it really as when I have stuff to do in town I generally go alone.
I guess the local supermarket wouldnt be pleased to see Tigger but purely out of interest (am nosey) where do you take your dogs and where are they welcome/unwelcome?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Other than Pets At Home...and pet type stores...

I was allowed to take Keena in the local and not very busy, bank when she was a pup, mostly cuz OH was inside, I was outside and Keena wanted us to be together and was howling and stuff so the bank lady just told me to bring her in...lol...All I could think of was 'don't pee!'...They ended up getting her some water and she layed down under the desk...Bless. But to be honest I haven't really taken them in anywhere else. I can't with my boy Takoda cuz he is far to excitable still!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:25 PM
When loki was little and carryable most places was happy for him to come in, everyone in natwest fell in love with him and he's still allowed in now, the ladies in our then local shop adored him and would hold him whilst I got whatever I wanted in the shop, they made out they were doing it to allow me to have two hands free but they just loved getting to cuddle him! Nearly everywhere I asked if I could take him in when he was little had two conditions one he didnt go on the floor (mostly in food shops or shops dogs normally arnt allowed in) and two all the staff got to have a cuddle!!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:27 PM
i can take bruno into the local paper shop( where he gets a biscuit from owner- and due to this drags me in their even when I dont want a paper just to get his biscuit)

I also take him into both banks and no-one has ever said anything, I take him into the printer cartridge refill place too.

he has in fact been in the butchers with me but thats because he dragged the stand that I tied him up to with him and sat in the doorway - with the butcher laughing his head off - he gave me an extra sausage for him !! LOL

cant think of anywhere else - I dont really take him with me unless I am going to these places as I dont tie him up outside anymore EVER so unless he can come with me he doesnt come....
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:29 PM
we are always welcome in our local newsagents ....the staff love to fuss the girls
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2006, 12:48 PM
So I guess its just a case of my going into town and seeing who will and who wont let us in. LOL
Our town is really busy though and he still pulls on his lead so might attempt it locally first.
Ive just picked up my first copy of your dog and they feature walks in different parts of the country and dog friendly places so thats probably what got me thinking about it. My area hasnt come up yet though.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Bongo comes into the newsagents, some pubs, the off-license, our local hardware shop (where she always makes lots of friends ), and of course on buses and trains. I haven't subjected her to the city centre apart from getting on and off the train - if I don't like it, why would she?
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Two of our local pubs are fine with us taking Jonah in but they prefer him to be on his lead. Most shops that don't allow it usually have a sign on the door - I know B&Q don't let you take dogs in - but just take pot luck - they can only ask you to leave! Cocking the leg is the problem unfortunately!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 01:35 PM
for def- Victoria Wines......yeahhhhhhhh pet shops, some pubs.When we go to Scotland shops are much more lenient- we go into the fresh fish shop and bakers in Dunbar.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Brundog;761339]i can take bruno into the local paper shop( where he gets a biscuit from owner- and due to this drags me in their even when I dont want a paper just to get his biscuit)

That made me giggle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >