Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:46 AM

Hoovers - which do you recommend?

Okay,

Being the proud owner of two dalmatians and two moggies, we decided it was time for a new hoover!

We bought the One Pet Hoover only to discover it was a total load of tosh, we've had to take it to bits and put it back together a couple of times after a couple of call outs and although it's hardly been used (as it hardly works!) it's knackered.

So we don't recommend the One Pet!

Which hoover do you recommend for pet hairs? I ask because we really need a new one!
Allyson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
I would definatley say a Dyson without a doubt
Allyson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I would definatley say Dyson with out a doubt
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm going to start getting such a bizarre reputation soon but....

Dyson! Take anything away from me but take my Dyson and I'll hunt ya down...

Now I must return to more manly pursuits, such as hammering nails into walls for no apparent reason, and perhaps change a fuse in a plug, because I can.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Whatever you do DON'T get one of the bagless Hoover cyclones - they are crap. The filter blocks up after about 3 mins use and you have to keep unblocking it. I got one a few months ago and had to take it back to Argos. I swapped it for a Vax one that was in the sale but its a good one but VERY heavy to push so I wouldn't recommend that one either I usually find the Electrolux ones are okay and I have one for the kitchen and they don't seem to break down.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Dyson every time, I've got the Dyson Animal upright and cylinder, wouldn't be without them. Great on hard floors and carpets.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:54 AM
I had a dyson and it didn't last long I now have the up right vax, everyday bagless and it's fab
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-09-2006, 11:59 AM
I've got a Hoover bagless which I bought 5 years ago and it's still going strong however we use it for cleaning out the cars and whatever else is a 'Yuk' Job.

In the house I use a Dyson and love it.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Hmm, don't think our dyson lasted very long

Parents are on about getting a Henry Hound - anyone tried these?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by justlou View Post
I had a dyson and it didn't last long I now have the up right vax, everyday bagless and it's fab
Yes I have never been impressed with the Dyson ones either Lou. I had one a few years ago and it didn't last as long as others did and it seemed to blow everything about - I remember having cards on the windowsill and it blew them all off and trying to catch the dog hairs with it was a nightmare when I had my GSD - it used to blow them away I have one that my mother had think its the DC01 but its still not as good as the others I have had so I wouldn't buy one. I have the upright vax one now too - is yours the turbotool 1700?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »