Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 11:41 AM

rip off companies

Whilst looking for a ip for my brother i found out i was paying far too much for my tiscali braodband package.(£23.48 per month when it was now only £14.99 per month) I rang them up and they had no justification for ripping me off for nearly 2 years , and i now get the better broadband package inc and line calls for £19.99 per month.
The other thing that is now free, but they wont tell existing cutomers who are paying around £5 per quarter, is bt caller display, so if you pay for it ring them up and they'll change it to the free service.
A good site for help like this is www.money savingexpert.com it has tons of tips on saving money on all sorts of things!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Infuriating isn't it! It like that ad on TV for a well known bank, nothing for existing clients only available for NEW, where is loyalty to customers?

I enrolled at a tiny gym at the rear of where I work, I told them I didnt want to sign to any package, as they wanted D/Debit up front-I reluctantly paid the induction cost plus 5 sessions.....now I have left and it is miles from home.
Another little story, I bought some boots from Clarks @ £69.99 wore them 6 times max and the whole heel snapped off, so I took them back to be told they are now in the sale reduced to £25 and that was all they could offer!! Faulty merchandise I said, but at the time I couldn't find my receipt and I was conviced I paid cash. Assistant offered to have them repaired, but woud have to confirm with her supervisor, and I would have to call back 3 days later. She said if I had paid cheque a cheque stub or bank statement would be sufficient. Turns out I did pay by cheque, so back I went to be told oh but that's not enough proof, by this time I was brewing (know the feeling) I stood my ground and refused to leave until I had a refund.

I worked for a company who implemented a 5% increase across the board, and did not notify customers, so when they called to query their bills we were told to say "Oh did you not receive the letter" we will send one out for you now!!! Times have changed I am afraid, companies are and have become so greedy !!!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by candie
Whilst looking for a ip for my brother i found out i was paying far too much for my tiscali braodband package.(£23.48 per month when it was now only £14.99 per month) I rang them up and they had no justification for ripping me off for nearly 2 years , and i now get the better broadband package inc and line calls for £19.99 per month.
The other thing that is now free, but they wont tell existing cutomers who are paying around £5 per quarter, is bt caller display, so if you pay for it ring them up and they'll change it to the free service.
A good site for help like this is www.money savingexpert.com it has tons of tips on saving money on all sorts of things!!
p.s One other note about that, we pay extortionate amounts for telephones and broadband here, I spoke to a customer once that said they pay a fraction of our costs abroad!!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 12:12 PM
That's interesting. I currently have broadband via Tiscali and pay £19.99 per month for supposed "unlimited usage". Just the other night I saw an addy on telly offering the same package for £14.99!!! I am phoning them to see what they say. They also had the cheek so send us a snotty email saying that our broadband usage during peak hours (6pm - 11pm) was too hight and if we continued to use it as much, they'd make us share our bandwidth with other "high users" so that the other users don't suffer!! Damn cheek if you ask me!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by minky
That's interesting. I currently have broadband via Tiscali and pay £19.99 per month for supposed "unlimited usage". Just the other night I saw an addy on telly offering the same package for £14.99!!! I am phoning them to see what they say. They also had the cheek so send us a snotty email saying that our broadband usage during peak hours (6pm - 11pm) was too hight and if we continued to use it as much, they'd make us share our bandwidth with other "high users" so that the other users don't suffer!! Damn cheek if you ask me!
minky they will let you change, i could have had the same for £14.99 but i opted for the £19.99 one cos it includes all my landline calls too.they said we should be aware of the price changes with the tv ads!!!I never watch the ads !!! ring them now and give them a good roasting!!lol
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by candie
minky they will let you change, i could have had the same for £14.99 but i opted for the £19.99 one cos it includes all my landline calls too.they said we should be aware of the price changes with the tv ads!!!I never watch the ads !!! ring them now and give them a good roasting!!lol
Oh your damn right I'll give them a roasting - their phone line will melt
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Have u rung em yet minky??let me know!!