12-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Hope all goes well for you Dizzi.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Off for an emergency appointment.

On the false teeth thing - friend in the states went to pick up his teeth (that he'd obviously paid a fortune for) - to find the surgery had gone bust!
Hope all went well Dizzi and the pain has subsided.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Well the saga of Heathers teeth continues. Went to dentist this morning and she tried to alter my dentures for me but they still would not fit. Top was not too bad on its own but looked crooked, bottom not too bad on its own but crooked. Put them both in together and omg what a sight they fit together on one side but a big gap on the other. I could not close my mouth or talk, I must admit the dentist, the nurse and myself were in hysterics. It did look so funny and the fact I tried to talk and couldn't. Well I just started laughing as I did see the funny side when she gave me the mirror. So it's back to making new teeth, but the dentist is away for the next 3 weeks so wouldn't do an impression today as she said my gums were still very swollen and in 3 weeks time the swelling would have gone down and better time to take an impression. So I have an appointment for the 5th May to start all over again with impressio s and bites etc. but at least that won't hurt. And she also gave me the good news that there is still a piece of tooth left in one socket, but she says that often happens and it may work its way out, but if not she will take it out when my gums have all healed. Knowing my luck I will end up having to go back later to have it removed. So for the next month or so I have to wear my top part dentures, which won't stay in unless I practically superglue them in. And no bottom teeth in at all. But hey ho I suppose it could be worse couldnt it?
Oh Heather - I'm afraid that did make me laugh. At least you had a good giggle at the Dentist which is a rare thing indeed. Things could be worse and at the end of the day it is only teeth after all Hopefully in a month's time you will be sorted once and for all. xx
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
On antibiotics to try to bring the pain down to where they can treat the tooth - but basically there are holes in three teeth together which need working on, plus the one that needs to come out and I've got to go back in a couple of weeks for a mammoth filling session (I was sobbing in the chair during the last one)... hoping the antibiotics kick in soon cos I'm in agony - and just had to wait two hours for the RAC man to come since we came back from walking the dog to a completely flat tyre and no spare since that was already flat as well.

Hopefully I get some sleep tonight for once - at least the dentist takes me seriously when I'm ringing them willingly begging for treatment!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
On antibiotics to try to bring the pain down to where they can treat the tooth - but basically there are holes in three teeth together which need working on, plus the one that needs to come out and I've got to go back in a couple of weeks for a mammoth filling session (I was sobbing in the chair during the last one)... hoping the antibiotics kick in soon cos I'm in agony - and just had to wait two hours for the RAC man to come since we came back from walking the dog to a completely flat tyre and no spare since that was already flat as well.

Hopefully I get some sleep tonight for once - at least the dentist takes me seriously when I'm ringing them willingly begging for treatment!
Oh Dizzi I do hope the antibiotics start working soon - the pain must be agonising and really hope yu get some sleep. Could have done without flat tyre
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
You poor thing Dizzi, I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi Dizzi
Only just seen your latest post-really feel for you
So hope you are feeling a bit better and have had some sleep
Keep us all updated
thinking of you
love Maureen
Jacquiestringer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2011, 10:02 PM
keep being brave and you will get it sorted - just think of your lovely new dazzling white teeth that you will have in the future
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 05:49 PM
This has gone really quiet now
-does that mean everyone has lovely ,healthy ,shining teeth or what?
Maureen
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ollies mum View Post
This has gone really quiet now
-does that mean everyone has lovely ,healthy ,shining teeth or what?
Maureen
I am back from my foray to the dentist this afternoon. I had a scale and a filling needed replacing. The worse bit wasn't what I thought it would be-the injection, but the scaling-ooh!

I got my own back though as when I did the rinsey-out bit at the end I accidentally kept spitting the water out on the floor instead of the basin as my mouth was so numb and I didn't seem able to direct the water to the right place!
There was a big puddle on the floor I noticed when I walked out
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >