Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 02:31 PM

Best Nail Clippers ?

Can anyone recommend a good set of nail clippers and where to get them.

I have bought sets in the past but they have not really been any good. Difficult to hold/not very sharp.
So can the experts on here recommend a good set that we can use - we are inexperienced and Sydney does not like it. So they will need to be sharp, un-fiddly and quick !!!
Thanks Guys.
Archiebongo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I've recently invested in a Dremel multi tool. I find it much better than nail clippers and the dog doesnt seemed as bothered by it.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I use Resco guillotine type, had them for years but you can replace the blade, they work well and do not tear at the nail like the clipper type do.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I hate the guillotine ones dont seem to have the strenght in my hands to get a clean cut. I have the ones with the two blades.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Just shows, perhaps it depends on the dogs, I find the clipper type crush the nail where as the guillotine cut clean the blade being that much thinner, perhaps it is necessary to try on your dogs before you buy. By the way my hands are not strong, my thumbs hardly work at all.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 05:30 PM
i had the same problem with guillotine clippers but i tried putting the nail in round the other way and it was a lot easier, maybe that would be worth a try?
though, i use the cheapo mikki ones so i shouldn't really give any advice
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Ah yes! my husband tried using them the wrong way round, they don't work that way do they For some reason they are designed to be used upside down, and if you don't read the instructions, and what men do, they don't work, do it right and they are smooth as silk.